Monday, April 3, 2017

April 3, 2017 Sitting On The Porch Again

My fourth basket.

Sitting on the porch
Friday morning with
my coffee.















Friday 3/31. I retrieved two chairs from under the tarp on the porch this morning and sat out there sipping my coffee.  Didn't stay out there too long as it was only 33, but just that little while sitting, sipping and listening to the birds singing with March's little lamb was such a great start to my day.  

We can really see the snow melting now and there is so much more earth to walk on.  We were both outside a lot today.  Our high for the day was 54!

I finished my fourth basket. . .

Saturday 4/1. It was 40 and mostly cloudy this morning, but we ended up having a lot of blue sky and sunshine.  In fact, after staying quite busy outside, we both ended up sitting and dozing in the sun on the porch in the afternoon.  Just couldn't wipe the smile off my face.  Our high for the day was 57!

JB has been trying to dig the tractor out of the snow, and I have been picking up small branches scattered in the grove.  JB's ankle is as good a new now, and he has been enjoying leisurely morning walks with the dogs, while I take them in the afternoon.

The frogs under the house have been serenading us a lot lately.  Even under there, they know it is Spring and time to rejoice.  And, to prove it, my irises are already up and the lilac bush is budding.

With March now on the books, we have received just over eleven feet of snow this winter, which is about 13" more than last year.  And, in March, the girls gave us 100 eggs!

And, speaking of the girls, today I found some tufts of grass growing where I don't want it to in the gravel, so I pulled them and gave them to the girls who were thrilled.

Still found time to read my book and start my fifth basket.

Sunday 4/2. This morning was 30 with blue sky and a breeze.  The forecast is for warm days and cold nights.  This is good because it produces a slower snow melt and reduces the chance of a river flowing down the road.

A huge, dark cloud slowly floated over this afternoon, dropping some tiny hail.  But, even with an icy wind, it was a beautiful day with a high of 47.

With all this sunshine, I couldn't put off vacuuming any longer.  But today was the best day for it as the breeze was icy and not at all pleasant to be out in.  This afternoon JB did our taxes and I worked on my fifth basket.

Monday 4/3. It is a chilly 24 this morning with a bright blue sky and a breeze.  It really doesn't need to get this cold at night. . .

Regarding the comment on Friday's posting (by my brother-in-law) - you just couldn't resist, could you?!

Thought for the day: You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes.  You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment