Friday, March 14, 2014

March 14, 2014


Snow and ice in our front yard.



Wednesday 3/12.  The day was mostly sunny with a high of 39.  JB drove us down the road in MAX to where we had left the snow plow for Miss Kitty.  We had hoped to tow it back up resting on a couple old snow boards, but it is just too heavy for us.  We will probably leave it there until the road is firm enough to put it back on Miss Kitty and bring it up.  There are a lot of bare spots on the road, but there are also many places that still have a foot or more of slushy snow.  It was a nice ride and the dogs had a good run.

It's time for JB to go Down There again, so Friday will be the day.  He will take MAX and probably for the last time this year.

More and more birds and bugs out each day now.  And the other night JB saw some bats.  There are also wasps in the loft each day, but only a few.  Definitely an early Spring.

Since I cut my hair, it's been getting shorter almost every day.  That always happens since I have to shape it.  I think I am finally done, now that it's even shorter than JB's.  But I love it!

I have started reading Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Sanction by Eric Van Lustbader on my nook.  It's hard to believe that the movies are so incredibly different from the books.  Both are very good though.

Last night we watched the last two episodes of season two of Downton Abbey and tonight we will begin season three.  Maggie Smith is absolutely the frosting on this cake.  Can hardly wait to see Shirley MacLaine's character.  The more I watch this program, the more I want to use adjectives like horrid, wretched and dreadful when writing my blog. . .  But because of the nature of those words, I would have to be ranting about our wretched government which is something I have not done in a while because it's just too dreadful to think about.

Thursday 3/13.  Another gorgeous Spring day!  It started out at 28 with a light overcast, but soon cleared and we had a high of 41.  I'm sure it was closer to 50 up on the south ridge.  No coats needed today, just hoodies.

The birds were chittering and flittering about, and the warm sun felt so very good.  I really am ready for this winter to end.

I went to fix lunch and discovered that the pilot light for the oven had gone out.  We couldn't get it going again and, upon calling the place where we bought it, found that it needs a $200 part.  Well, we only paid $400 for the range six years ago, so I am going to call Maytag again tomorrow and see if I  can get through to the parts department and get it cheaper directly from them.  If not, we may just have to bite the bullet.  Ranges like ours now cost close to $1000!

We spent the a few hours checking out Miss Kitty, then chopping up ice in the front yard to be sure the water drains well away from the house.  The dogs enjoyed just laying in the sun.

Friday 3/14.  It is 32 and mostly clear this morning.  JB is getting ready to leave for Down There at about 9:00 am.

Thought for the day: A handful of patience is worth more than a bushel of brains. Old Farmer's Almanac




No comments:

Post a Comment