Wednesday, September 16, 2015

September 16, 2015 On Our Way to Idaho!


My jars of marmalade.

Monday 9/14. We stopped by Larry and Elsie's on our way Down There.  The root cellar that Larry is building looks great!  Now they basically just have to cover it with dirt.  Looks more secure than a bomb shelter. . .

Dropped my Jeep off for an oil change, then ran a few errands and did a big grocery shopping.  My Jeep was done just as we were, which worked out perfectly.  Driving back up our road, I knew I could not ignore all the big, beautiful rose hips that were still on the bushes.  So after unloading the groceries and putting everything away, I drove Miss Kitty down and picked rose hips for a couple of hours.  Ended up with two more pounds.

Our high for the day was only 52, which was perfect for picking fruit.

Tuesday 9/15. It was 38 and partly cloudy this morning.  Our first morning this season in the 30's.  JB left at 9:00 for Down There again to pick up a computer cable he had ordered.  Since he was going, I added the girls' winter feed to his list.

I was so incredibly busy today!  The day before a trip somehow always turns out to be even more hectic than one could plan for.  I didn't stop to eat until JB returned home a little after noon.  I had taken the dogs on their morning walk, though, which was a good break.  My next break was for their afternoon walk.

I now have three pounds of rose hips in the freezer, so hopefully in October I can get some more marmalade canned.

By noon the sky was completely overcast and I thought we might get some rain while I was packing the car.  No drops fell though, and I was able to stay dry while getting all my projects done.  Even had time to relax with a movie, the second Jason Bourne one.  We watched the first one last night.

I plan to leave at 8:00 tomorrow morning and will stop to visit JB's Mom on my way to Port Orchard.  Nene and I will leave Thursday morning for Idaho, and I will be back home either Sunday, 9/27, or Tuesday, 9/29.  So my next posting will be either 9/28 or 9/30.

Wednesday 9/16. It is 41 this morning and, I think, partly cloudy (really too dark to tell).  The car is packed and I hope to be on my way by 8:00 am.

Thought for the day: To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.  Oscar Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment