Wednesday, January 20, 2016

January 20, 2016 Grooming The Road By Myself

The road near Miss Kitty
on Monday.
Leftovers on the road from a squirrel's
meal of fir cones.




















Monday 1/18. This morning I drove MAX down to the main canyon road all by myself to groom the road.  Went slow and did a pretty good job.  Actually pretty proud of myself!

Just before I left I received a call from a friend who had been one of my Mother's closest friends.  She is going to be 100 years old next month!  One would never guess it to talk to her.  She told me that her son says her body is finally getting the message that she is getting old, but her brain doesn't know it yet!

By noon thin clouds had almost filled the sky, but the sun managed to shine through them most of the time.  Our high for the day was 38 and you could almost see the snow sinking down.

After lunch I started to clean the snow off the deck, but with less than 1/4 done the shovel slipped out of my hands on one of the throws.  I went down to get it and by the second step into the bank up to my crotch, I'm thinking, "I really should have worn my snow shoes."  I had my slip-on boots, that come almost up to my knees, and by the time I retrieved the shovel and got back into the house, they were full of snow.  Enough for one day!

We began watching the last season of Justified this evening.  This is the only series where I've been rooting for the "bad" guy.

Tuesday 1/19. It was 28 this morning.  We were fogged in and the trees were covered in rime.  JB took the dogs on their morning walk for the first time in a while.  I stayed busy with dishes, laundry, shoveling, getting fire wood, and baking cookies.  Also made time to read my book, Critical Mass by Sara Paretsky.  Has to be her best one yet!

Around 10:30 am, snow began to fall yet again.  It was still coming down at sunset and I am sure we got another 4"-5".  

I would like to get Down There for some groceries and a vacuum that is on sale at Costco, so I may drive MAX all the way down to my Jeep at Larry and Elsie's.  I could probably get down in Miss Kitty, but I don't think I could get her back up again.

Wednesday 1/20. It is 29 with a clear sky this morning.  Not sure if I am going Down There or not.

Thought for the day: The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul that their simplicity might suggest.  Thomas Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment