Friday, January 29, 2016

January 29 2016 The Delivery!

Trail coming down from the
south ridge that Larry thinks
may have been made by an elk.

Oh, there it is!

Jesse's favorite winter place
other than in front of the
wood stove.













Wednesday 1/27. Gridder arrived on the snowmobile at about 10:30 this morning with everything, including my new vacuum!  Hurray!  Mail, MAX parts, JB's prescription, yogurt.  Had a nice, long visit with Gridder and he offered to go up once a week to start Miss Kitty.  Do we have great neighbors or what?!  He was quite surprised with all the snow we have Up Here.

We spent the rest of the day reading mail and magazines.  I also unpacked my vacuum and put it together.  I was so impressed at how simple that was.  No snow shoveling today!

Our high for the day was 32 and the sky remained overcast.

Thursday 1/28. It was 33 and overcast this morning, but the wind picked up and soon blew away most of the clouds.  So, with the sun shining, I opted to try out my new vacuum instead of trying to fix MAX.  But first I figured I really had to dig out JB's Jeep so he could move it a bit so the tires aren't sitting in the same place all the time.  I had two days without shoveling any snow, so I had to make up for that.

After brunch I started vacuuming and, again, was so very impressed with my new machine!  It is so easy to use and has the best accessories.  The directions are incredibly simple, obviously engineered and written by someone who has had to deal with not-so-easy machines and really stupid directions.  It is a Shark Rotator Professional.  When I was done I figured my house was almost as clean as Elsie's house, and that is saying something!  It may seem odd that I am so excited about a new vacuum, but there is a lot more dirt Up Here than Down There, and now I feel like I just might be able to keep on top of it.

Then I shoveled and widened the path to the shop so we could get the snow blower inside to try and fix it.  The motor starts just fine, so we just backed it into the shop and will get to it after we fix MAX.

The wind blew all day up to 14 mph, but fortunately the snow is just too heavy to drift.  Our high for the day was 40 and there was lots of melting going on.  The snow is sinking and has quite an icy crust.

It is Mardi Gras this weekend in Mobile, AL.  Our son will be costumed and riding a float, throwing out beads and other goodies.  He may actually have to wear some long underwear as it is pretty cold there right now.  Well, cold by their standards, not ours.

Friday 1/29. It is 28 and snowing.  Won't get to MAX today if it keeps up.

Thought for the day: Happy Birthday, Elsie!



No comments:

Post a Comment