Wednesday, June 5, 2019

June 5, 2019 Two Bears & Planning To House Sit

Blooming prairie smoke -
so aptly named!



Monday 6/3. On our last trip to the recycle place, we discovered that now they only take paper and cardboard.  JB did find a place that takes all metals, so this morning he loaded his Jeep with all our cans and took them down.  Also ran a few errands, of course.  Now we just need to find somewhere that will take our plastic and glass.

After he returned home and ate lunch, we went out to do more splitting and mowing.

I see and hear the wrens on a daily basis, but don't know where they are nesting.  They usually live in one of the bird houses, but not this year.  With all the birds we have, it sounds like we live in the middle of a bird sanctuary.  I am certainly not complaining, but sometimes it can get pretty noisy Up Here.

The forecast was finally correct and we are getting cooler weather.  Our high for the day was 74 along with a strong, cool breeze.

Tuesday 6/4. It is 52 this morning with a clear sky.  Again, it was a day of splitting, moving and stacking wood.  And JB did some more mowing.

I drove Miss Kitty down to the Gridder's this evening to learn everything I need to know in order to house sit for them and care for their goats, dogs and cats.  And how to work their TV so I can watch Netflix, streaming instead of having to download.  They are ON the grid (hence their nickname).  I will be going down Sunday afternoon and stay until Tuesday evening.

On the drive down I saw two bears on the road and they ran in front of me for about 100 feet before going down the mountainside.  They were light brown and probably about three years old.  Always an exciting experience!

Our high for the day was a very pleasant 70 with a cool breeze.

Wednesday 6/5. It is 50 and mostly cloudy this morning.  I will be on my way down to the laundromat by 9:00 am to wash our winter jackets, comforter, etc.

For a while now I have been feeling as though my blog has run its course.  So Friday will be my last posting. . .

Thought for the day: Boiling makes an egg hard and a potato soft.  The result depends on what material they are made of.  Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment