Wednesday, August 31, 2011

August 31, 2011


Our red and green grass

One of our many busy bees


Ahhh, the best laid plans of mice and men.  It was 47 degrees with a strong breeze when I got up at 7:00 yesterday morning, so the summer outfit I had out to where Down There got put back into the closet.  I needed blue jeans, t-shirt and a jacket.  And that was just the beginning.  Shortly after I hit the pavement, my brakes started making a grinding sound, so instead of going to storage, I headed to Les Shwabb.  Sure enough, I needed new front brakes.  They were able to squeeze me in, so I made a quick trip to our town mail box for something to read.  I was out of there a little after noon, but now it was 80 degrees.  I drove to our storage unit anyway, but there was no way I could get to the boxes I wanted without getting filthy and sweaty.  I grabbed a small, flat dolly that I had also wanted so the trip wouldn't be a complete loss.  Then it was off to do the shopping.  Needless to say, it was a very long day.  I didn't feel it until I got back to Rose Camp, put everything away and then sat down to relax.  Almost fell asleep before dinner was ready.

While I was gone, JB moved all the wood from the grove to the splitter. He finished cutting the large branches and stacked that in the wood shed.  He had a nice, cool day in which to work as the high Up Here was only 65.
During my shopping I did score a copy of the 30th anniversary release of Blazing Saddles for $4.  Can hardly wait to watch that.  I think it's been at least 29 years since I've seen it.  Saturday, Sunday and Monday evenings we watched the three Bourne movies, which we both think are three of the best action movies ever made.  Every time I watch the first one, The Bourne Conspiracy, I always jump in the same place. You know, where the guy comes crashing through the apartment window.  I could barely stay awake to watch the last installment of the second season of Castle last night.  We are rewatching them all in anticipation of season three being released in September.
  
Wow!  August 31st.  As I said yesterday, it comes earlier each year. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment