Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Jan 23, 2012



The view from my bench on our north ridge
Tuesday morning
(the dark blob is in my camera lens)

So much for our warming trend.  Monday morning was clear and 12.  The cold is fine, it's the sun that counts, but I hate using the generator on sunny days.  So I saved the laundry for Tuesday or Wednesday as there is snow in the forecast.

The dogs and I went on a hike down the road about 1/2 mile.  Had to stay on the road as I did not wear my snow shoes and sunk in at least to my knees if I strayed off.  JB worked on his computer, and sorted out old papers.

Still writing, not reading. . .

Was cold again Tuesday morning.  Light overcast and 10, with a high of only 14.  JB went down there and was back before 3:00 pm.  I did the laundry and other chores.  Took the dogs on their morning walk and brought in the wood then too.  Took a few minutes to sit on my bench on the north ridge and contemplate the view and the Universe.

Had to call JB while he was Down There to give him the tire size on his Jeep so he could buy chains for it.  He asked if it was snowing Up Here as he was seeing a few flakes Down There.  I told him there are always more flakes Down There than Up Here. . .

Tuesday is JB's day to cook dinner and even though he had spent the day going to town, he made jambalaya!  He had bought sausage and fresh shrimp for it while grocery shopping, and it was yummy.

Kathleen Jarschke-Schultze has another interesting article in the Feb/Mar issue of "Home Power" magazine.  It's about acorns and all the ways she is learning to fix them.  I often wish I was more into making my own food from scratch.  I mean really "scratch" like she is doing.  Should have got an earlier start on this kind of life.  Just too lazy now.

This issue of "Home Power" also has an excellent article on a simple, solar power exhaust system for keeping a crawl space dry.  I think we will attempt to install one this summer.  Sounds easy and is inexpensive.

JB made raisin bread last week from a Bob's Red Mill mix.  Not as delicious as his Mom's, but very good.

Thought for the day:  Some things have to be believed to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment