Friday, January 25, 2013

Jan 25, 2013 Snow & Tears



The moose wine-holder I gave to JB
for Christmas

Woke up Wednesday to overcast skies with 12 degrees - and there was a bird singing outside our window!!  It sounded like a robin, but I find that hard to believe and I wasn't able to see it.  It started snowing a little after 11:00 am and continued for most of the day but we only received about 3/4".

Finished reading all the newspapers, magazines and mail.  Vacuum-packed the meat JB brought for the freezer.  Just a lazy inside day.

The Wenatchee paper had an article about a sasquatch siting near the cemetary on January 9.  Seems a local tracker who has studied sasquatch sitings for 25 years heard about it on the radio.  He went to the site and made plaster casts of footprints that he described "as looking similar to those of a bear, but with wide spread toes."  Hmmm.  Maybe that's why the dogs have been barking so much lately. . .

Larry and Elsie got a nice video on their game cam of a bobcat.  It was walking up the slope through the snow away from the camera.  Always so much more "real" than a still shot.

Thursday was sunny again with a high of 22.  The fog kept trying to sneek up from the canyons, but was unsuccessfull in its attempts, thank goodness.

Had a nice long talk with Aunt Nene.  Losing Jack is so very hard for her after their marriage of 68 years.  But she is spunky and so determined to make a go of it on her own.  Meanwhile my tears are staining the notes I'm making for Jack's eulogy.  His memorial service will be February 16, so I will go over a few days before and stay a few days after.  Hopefully I can talk her into coming over to visit us this year.  She has wanted to sleep in RJ's cabin loft, and have coffee on our deck while enjoying the view.

I got a good start on one of my winter projects, that I keep putting off, which is organizing our geneaological information for JB's family.  Getting it out of boxes and into binders.

Am getting hooked on the TV series "The Vampire Diaries".  Our son says he prefers "True Blood", so I'll have to see if I can find the first season of that one on sale too.

Thought for the day:  There are angels whose job it is to be sure you do not get too warm, too glad or too comfortable and miss out on life. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment