Monday, August 26, 2013

Aug 26, 2013 Laundry!

Sunrise on Saturday
All the big wood Jake cut, waiting to be split.















Saturday 8/24.  There is just no way us older folks could have done in four days what Jake did.  I am sure it would have taken us two months.  I know we have enough wood for at least a year and a half.  Ah, youth. . .

Today we just had a quiet, relaxed morning reading mail, papers and magazines.  I puttered around the house cleaning up a bit and took the dogs for their morning walk.  After lunch I stacked the long ends of the last cutting into the cradle and added a few pieces.  Then I stacked the rest of the rounds by the splitter.

The sky cleared by noon and it warmed up to a cool high of 64, with more clouds moving in by late afternoon.  

There was a fire near Leavenworth during the week and no wind, so the smoke filled up the Wenatchee River Valley to the point where we could not even see the Columbia River.  The smoke is almost gone today and the fire 75% contained.  It certainly has been another nasty summer for fires.

Well, so much for my theory about air conditioning and my sinuses.  I spent three days in the air conditioned hospital with no side effects. . .

About a month ago I finally got tired of wearing my hair long and cut off almost six inches of it.  Now I wear it in a page boy that, when curled, hangs about an inch or so below my ears.  So much easier to take care of and I think it looks pretty good.

Am going Down There to do laundry and shopping tomorrow, but it was so good to have a day off.

Sunday 8/25.  Got on the road later than I had wanted to, but JB fixed bacon and eggs for breakfast.  So nice.  I got everything out for him so he wouldn't have to bend over to reach anything.

I had nine loads of wash!  With all our guests, and working and sweating every day, it really adds up.  Then I went to Costco and was actually able to be home by 2:30 pm after stopping for water at Larry and Elsie's.  Had a nice chat with Elsie during a break in her canning blueberry jam and pie filling.

I noticed that our neighbors were up when I took the dogs on their afternoon walk.  They came up to visit for a couple hours in the evening.  It was so good to see them again.

Made pizza for dinner and watched an episode of "The Walking Dead."  It had clouded over and began drizzling around 7:00 pm.  I think it did that off and on all night.

Monday 8/26.  It is partly cloudy and 46 this morning.  I may start splitting all that wood today, or not. . .  I can smell the muffins JB is baking.

Thought for the day:  You can't turn back the clock, but you can wind it up again.  Bonnie Pruden  

No comments:

Post a Comment