Friday, August 30, 2013

Aug 30, 2013 Ceramic Cookware

Our full wood shed with two rows at 8' long
and six rows at 10' long
Beginning to stack on the porch.
















Wednesday 8/28.  Another mostly cloudy day with a high of 66.  A very comfortable day for working outside.  By 12:30 pm I had split and stacked five wheel barrow loads of firewood, the last load being stacked on the porch after I prepped it.  This is about six weeks early, as we usually do not get to the porch until about mid October.

A few weeks back I bought a ceramic lined frying pan to see how I would like it.  Well, it is fantastic!  It literally wipes clean with no soap and water.  So when I saw a set on sale last week, I snatched it up.  Talk about saving water!  (Although I do swish a little soapy water in it after wiping.)

I made chicken stew for dinner with our new potatoes.   Mmmmm!

A small rain shower moved through around 7:00 pm - after I watered the garden.  Looks like we may get more during the night.

Tomorrow we go Down There for JB's doctor appointment and some errands.  I spent the evening catching up on my e-mail.

Thursday 8/29.  Got on our way a little after 10:00 am.  There were some very dark clouds on the horizon and the temperature was 54.

JB passed his exam with flying colors but still has to take it easy for another couple weeks, then no heavy lifting for another two.  He is doing great but the doctor doesn't want him to over do.  However he will be allowed to drive the tractor so I can load the bucket with split wood, then he will drive it over to the porch instead of my having to push a heavy wheel barrow.  Hurray!

Just as we pulled into Jack in the Box, I could see a wall of rain coming in from the southwest.  A few minutes later the squall hit with a fury.  Wind and pouring rain.  But by the time we were done eating, there was just a lazy shower that petered out shortly thereafter.  Our road was still a little dicey, but we made it home by 3:00 pm after filling up all our water containers at Larry and Elsie's.

With so many leftovers in the fridge, we just scrounged for dinner.  We were both pooped, but since I hadn't worked up a sweat all day, just before we ate I walked up to the south ridge and pulled some six-foot-tall weeds that I had been neglecting.  Can't believe how quickly they grow.

Watched another two episodes of "The Walking Dead."  Yep, we're both hooked.  Don't really care for the gore, but the story and characters strike a chord.

Friday 8/30.  Partly cloudy and 49 with a small chance of rain today.  Sounds like it will be a nice holiday weekend though.

Thought for the day:  The trick is growing up without growing old.  Casey Stengel

1 comment:

  1. I haven't commented since we joined you blog, But I thought I ought to let you know how much we enjoy it. Reading you stories makes us feel as though we are there seeing thing as they happen. Have a good labor day weekend.


    the Cobb's

    ReplyDelete