Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Aug 7, 2013 Doctor & Dentist

The 57' tree from one end. . .

. . . and the other.





















Monday 8/5.  I left as planned and did not have to water anything at Larry and Elsie's as last night's storm had drenched everything.  The road was okay until just above their place, but not as bad as after the previous big storm the end of June.  I did find out later that mud and gravel had washed into Larry's shop and it had leaked in new places.  And several areas around Wenatchee experienced rivers of mud.  

My first stop was to pick up my new glasses.  Wow! What a difference!  Then it was off to do the laundry and grocery shopping.  Was able to get home by 2:00 pm, but was really sweating by then.  Our high for the day was 75, and it was 92 Down There.

Called JB's doctor and found that he had passed his tests and his operation is still on for the 14th.  Our son will arrive on the 13th and stay for about 10 days.  Am so please and relieved that he will be here with us.

We watched more of "The Closer" this evening.  Just two more episodes to go and I think I have it figured out.

Tuesday 8/6.  Before breakfast, while it was still nice and cool outside, JB and I sliced the large, broken-off tree we had drug up into 16" rounds.  I'll dice it later.  Turned out to be 37 rounds and an 8' top that I put into the cradle.  All excellent wood.  That fir tree was about 57' tall.

JB left for his last doctor's appointment about 9:30.  This was just a follow-up on his kidney test.  Turns out the problem is his gout medication (which he is now off of) and the fact that he drinks too much coffee and not enough water and other liquids.  He has to drink broth for a few days and go in for another blood test on Saturday.

After he left I moved all the rounds to the splitter and loaded the cradle with the small trees we had drug up.  I also began to fill in the hole for the well piping, shoveling it in on top of the gravel I put down there a few days ago.  We were advised to fill it in a little at a time to allow it to settle.

One of my teeth has been bothering me for the past week or so and I could no longer put off calling the dentist.  Tried out a new one I had heard of and they were able to squeeze me in this afternoon.  I met JB coming up just below the gate as I was on my way down.  And I think I have found the best dentist ever!  I am such a baby and he really put me at ease.  The problem wasn't a bad tooth at all, but a change in my bite from having that last one pulled in June.  He ground down a couple teeth a little and, viola!  I'll see him in January for a complete checkup when I have dental insurance.

It was another hot day and our high was 77.  It was still 69 when we went to bed.  Will save the last episodes of "The Closer" for tomorrow night.

Wednesday 8/7.  It is clear and 60 with a welcome breeze this morning.  Now that the date for the operation is firm, we have lots to do.

Thought for the day:  The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read or write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn.  Alvin Toffler  

1 comment:

  1. i read a lot of stuff and i found that the way of writing to clearifing that exactly want to say was very good so i am impressed and ilike to come again in future..
    the best dental insurance

    ReplyDelete