Monday, December 29, 2014

December 29, 2014 Snow & DaVinci & A Spiritual Growth Spurt

JB's "hairy feet" slippers,
from Nene of course!

Everyone is still in the
Christmas spirit.




















Friday 12/26. JB and I can be so different in so many ways that I am surprised we will celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary tomorrow.  I know he gets frustrated with my slow mornings.  I had always been an early riser, but not now.  Not Up Here.  I like to sip my coffee with my sudoku and/or crossword puzzles.  Read some of my current book.  Just ease into the day.  JB, on the other hand, likes to get going a bit sooner.  He usually has his day planned out and it often includes me.  So he usually just waits a little longer than he would like to and I usually get going a little sooner than I would like to.

Today he got the vehicles started and drove the tractor and then MAX up and around the south ridge.  Also moved my car a little and re-parked it.  I spent much of yesterday and today reading two of the books he gave me for Christmas that were on my list, Proof of Heaven and The Map of Heaven, both by Eben Alexander.  Should be mandatory reading for the whole planet!

One of the best gifts that Nene gave to me is a clothes-pin apron.  Woo Hoo!  It is just perfect and has a cute little dog on it.

This evening we watched The Cowboys with John Wayne, a movie that JB received in his stocking.

Saturday 12/27. Well, we made it - our 45th wedding anniversary.  We don't often give each other gifts although we do give cards, but this year was almost a non-event.  Just a nice, relaxing day together.

It began with a temp of 27, overcast skies, and snow in this weekend's forecast.  The snow arrived a little before 5:00 pm and by the time it stopped falling at about 6:30 pm, we had 2-1/4".

I am discovering that the See's candy and eggnog have conspired to enlarge my love handles.  Thank goodness the holidays are almost over.  Going to have to be very active this Spring and Summer. . .

Nene and Randy both called to wish us Happy Anniversary.  I had a very nice chat with both of them.

This evening we watched the first two episodes of season one of DaVinci's Demons, which was one of several TV series our son had given us.  Very well done!

Sunday 12/28.  It was 27 and clear this morning, but the clouds slowly drifted in, and by sunset we were overcast.  We are guessing at the outside temperature based on the fact that the gauge on the porch was usually an average of seven degrees colder that recorded by our weather station, before it got stuck at 33.  Our high for the day was 34.

Our landscape is all white again, the brown spots having been covered by last night's snowfall.  Because it was also covering the hen house roof and darkening the inside, the girls were still roosting when I came to give them their breakfast of oatmeal and bananas, and then corn at 8:30 am.

There were some very dark and ominous clouds just to our south this afternoon, but we only received a few small flakes.  We cleared the snow off the hen house roof, and I gave them fresh straw and pine shavings.  The girls love it when I do that and immediately get busy checking it all out and digging around in it.  It is supposed to be very cold for the next few days.

Snow was falling when JB let the dogs out just before we went to bed and it was obvious that it had been falling for a while.  A perfect night to try out our new fleece sheets for the first time.  They are so soft, and so warm that we had to take our comforter off!  Unfortunately this was on of those nights that when I woke up at 2:00 am I put in a fire and so wanted to crawl back into that cozy bed, but my mind just wouldn't stop.  The two books I read by Eben Alexander have opened the floodgates and caused/allowed a spiritual growth spurt which, in my case, is always followed by volumes of writing.  The words must be expressed as them come or they will be lost.  They must be expressed or I cannot sleep.  Put as simply as possible, I now Know without a doubt that "I am a spiritual being having a human experience" and not the other way around.

Monday 12/29. We awoke to 28 and what looks to be a foot of snow. JB will definitely be plowing the road the morning.  I just hope I can find the hen house in order to feed the girls. . .

Thought for the day: You are not a human being having a spiritual experience, but rather a spiritual being having a human experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment