Wednesday, January 14, 2015

January 14, 2015 Rime & Pogonip & An Egg


(No photo today as my internet connection is too slow.)

Monday 1/12. Valley fog to the south kept trying to sneak into Rose Camp most of the morning, but by mid afternoon it had receded and the skies were blue.  There were rabbit tracks all around the chicken coup this morning when I went out to feed the girls.  Betty gave us our first egg of the New year today!

I emailed Jane, giving her my phone number, and she called!  I was so excited that I just blabbed on and on.  Was so great to talk to her again after 38 years.

Talked to Randy on Sunday.  All the snow that was sitting on their tiered roof came thundering down and took out their satellite dish.  Without the internet he is dead in the water as he uses it a lot more than we do.  So, in true mountain fashion, he got out the duct tape and rope and fixed it!  I really want to see a photo of that.

Tuesday 1/13. It was 27 and we were socked in with pogonip (frozen fog) this morning.  As I was getting ready to leave for Down There, a very fine snow began to fall.  I had to spray a de-icer on the windshield but it didn't do much good.  For the first mile or so I just had a 2"X10" vertical strip through which to see.  The lower I got, the less fog there was.  By the time I reached Larry and Elsie's, my windshield was completely clear.  It was a long day as I left at 9:00 am and was back home at 4:00 pm.

Everything Up Here was so heavily rimed that it looked like snow.

Still watching Warehouse 13 and loving it, although towards the end of the second episode I could hardly keep my eyes open.

Wednesday 1/14. This morning the temp is 20 and again we are fogged in.  About 1/2" of snow fell early this morning and more is forecast for Thursday and the weekend..  I should be able to get some great photos of the heavy rime today.

Thought for the day: Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak.  Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. Winston Churchill

No comments:

Post a Comment