Friday, January 9, 2015

January 9, 2015 Propane Generator & A Dog Bath

"I know you're down there!"




Wednesday 1/7. Seems odd that all the slush is frozen, but the girls' water had no ice at all.  Must be because it is in a bit of a protected area.  Speaking of the girls, they are all looking great.  Especially Blondie - no missing feathers, and she seems to have filled out.  Maybe the other two aren't picking on her any more.

I had JB purchase a new, bag-less vacuum on Monday while I was at the dentist.  There was a Eureka on sale for $50.  The one I have is a $600, Swedish made and about 17 years old.  Over the years the cost for the bags has gone up to over $40 for 10 plus two filters.  Way too much!  I figure I could buy a new Eureka every other year and still save money.  I tried the new one out today and quickly realized how poorly my old one was working.  In no time at all the bag-less container was half full of dirt!  It has so much more suction.  Woo Hoo!!

The clouds cleared and by mid-morning we had blue mountain skies and valley fog.  Our high for the day was 40.

I took the dogs on a hike up to the peak after lunch.  The snow was firm enough for them walk on top of it, barely sinking in.  Me, not so much.  I should have worn my snow shoes.  I got a good work out though, which is good.  I had the last of my eggnog in my coffee New Year's Day.  The rest of it is on my hips, along with the holiday candy and cookies.  Need to go on a lot more hikes.

There are so many ominous predictions for our country for this year.  Nothing I can do about them.  Just take one day at a time.  Be here and be now.  That's all we should ever be doing.

Watched three more episodes of The Blacklist.  Red is my new favorite super hero who doesn't have a super power.  James Spader is phenomenal!

Thursday 1/8. It was 38 with partial overcast and valley fog this morning.  It stayed like that all day and our high was 42, although all the clouds seemed to suddenly disappear just before sunset.  It seems that only the snow that is in the sun is melting, even with these warmer temps.  Still lots of ice.

After lunch we finally took the top off of the propane generator.  Looked at the trouble-shooting directions JB was sent.  Looked at the schematics.  Shut it back up again and decided we really need someone who knows what they are doing.  JB will just ask around at the other RV places to see if we can get someone up here.  Meanwhile we will rely on the gas generator and the sun.

This evening before watching The Blacklist, I gave Jesse a sponge bath with some special dog soap made from goat's milk that I bought at the craft fair in October.  Since he is so hard to get into the tub, the man I purchased it from suggested that I just wipe him down with a soapy wash cloth, then wipe the soap off with another wet cloth.  Jesse wasn't real thrilled about it, but it was so much easier than a regular bath and he smells oh, so much better!

Finished watching The Blacklist this evening.  Am sure we will watch it at least twice more before the second year is available.

Friday 1/9. This morning is 29 and overcast, with snow in the forecast for tomorrow.

Thank you to Donnie for your kind words.  We will keep looking for affordable dental insurance.

Thought for the day: When you come to the end of all you have known and must step off into the darkness, one of two things will happen: you will step on to something solid (God will catch you), or you will learn to fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment