Wednesday, January 7, 2015

January 7, 2014 Slush, Mud & Ice

Our dwindling snow.








Monday 1/5. Didn't get much sleep last night as, in addition to the roaring wind, the snow kept rumbling off the roof and landing with loud thuds.  Dinga kept pacing until JB finally went out to sleep on the couch and then she settled down in her chair

Tried to stay busy all morning and not think about my afternoon appointment.  Took a left-over pain med before hand, and it was all for not anyway.  Turns out that I really shouldn't get this tooth pulled because of the effect on my bite.  The dentist determined that I had a good five months or so before I should get a crown put on it.  Will just have to pull out the ol' Visa card and have it done.  I actually feel good about getting the crown and will just have to accept that we won't get our card paid off for a few years.  Just the way it goes. . .

The chinook must have just raced across the mountain tops as Larry and Elsie didn't have any wind last night.  We didn't have any today, but Mission Ridge was getting a 70 mph blast.

Until that pain pill kicked in I really didn't realize what a funk I had gotten myself into during the holiday season.  Guess I hadn't worked hard enough on my holiday spirit, and was just weighted down with being away from our son and grandchildren; missing those who have passed on; and mourning lost family ties with those still here.  But that is just part of life, and I really should be celebrating the wonderful family ties that still exist and the great friends that we have.  Like my Mom always said, "It'll all work out."  So I'll just put my big-girl panties on and deal with it.  The worst part of it is that I had criticized another family member for being so down.  It's just that she was much more vocal and whiny about it.

Tuesday 1/6. It was 40 this morning and overcast.  We had a more leisurely morning than usual, reading the newspapers and our books.

After lunch we put the plow back on Miss Kitty and JB did a "clean up" plowing once down and back.  I cleaned up most of the small branches littering the grounds from the wind storm.  The grounds that were also covered with slush, mud and ice.

It was overcast all day, although the sun did manage to break through the clouds a couple times mid-afternoon.  Our high for the day was 46.

Having issues with the internet for the past few days.  A slow connection that takes 15 to 20 minutes to upload a photo, and problems saving.

Still watching and loving Blacklist!

Wednesday 1/7. It is 35 and partly cloudy this morning.  Looks like all the slush has turned to ice again.  We are really giving our cleats a workout this winter.  Got an email from Randy saying that they received 2 FEET of snow in the Idaho panhandle!!

Thought for the day: I say if your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously reexamine your life. Calvin, of Calvin & Hobbes



No comments:

Post a Comment