Friday, June 5, 2015

June 5, 2015 Software & Down There

One of our larger mushrooms.
JB mowing our road on Tuesday along a row of
wild rose bushes.
















Wednesday 6/3. Turned out to be an inside day with lots to do.  JB spent more than four hours on line and on the phone trying to get the HP software downloaded for my Windows 8.1 computer.  I can print with no problems, but I couldn't scan anything into my computer.  Their tech person had him make a lot of adjustments, but we were never able to complete the download.  However, after all that, he tried using the windows scanner program, which had never worked before, and got it working.  So now I am good to go.

I did a lot of little things around the house and got everything ready for my trip Down There tomorrow, but none of our outside projects got done.  Just the way it goes sometimes.

I have been having a horrible time with JB's life insurance policy through John Hancock for the past month.  They screwed up on other policies we had and I gotten rid of all of them except his.  Oh well, the Universe seems to be working it all out for the best.  A solution better than I ever would have thought of and at just the right time.  It never ceases to amaze me!  And I never seem to learn that often what seems like an awful problem may be just the beginning of another blessing.

There was an egg already laid again this morning when I fed the girls, however it was still soft.  It never did harden up, so I tossed it.  I am pretty sure it was Blondie's.  I just hope she is okay.

I think it was mostly cloudy today, but by sundown the sky was clear.  Our high for the day was 62.

Thursday 6/4. Was supposed to be in the 80's Down There today so I got an early start and was on my way at 7:50 am.  Returned Larry and Elsie's lawn mower, went to the post office, got my latte, and was right on time for my 9:00 am appointment with our State Farm agent.  Then it was on to the laundromat and grocery shopping, and I was home a little after 1:00 pm.  Actually made it home before I melted.  Our high for the day Up Here was a very pleasant 68 with a nice breeze, but I am sure that they reached the high forecast in town.

JB spent his day outside, like he wanted to do yesterday.  He got MAX going and went for a short drive.  He found what went wrong with the splitter when I tried to use it on Tuesday after we got back from mowing the road.  Seems it just needed to be tightened up.  On their morning walk, Dinga caught a rabbit.  Am so glad I wasn't there to witness that.  He also completely vacuumed out the tractor of all the dust from mowing.  Then after I arrived home, he baked some banana-chocolate chip muffins.

Since we have water now, I bought a couple of petunia plants and put them in the planter by the "new" bird house.  I will use the other two planters for the tomato plants Elsie is going to give me.  Seeing as how she ended up with all 54 of the ones she planted as seeds doing so well, she is giving away many of them.  Oh, goodie!!

Mushrooms are pushing up through the soil in many places now.  Just wish I could find some morels.

Friday 6/5. It is 60 with a clear sky this morning, with a forecast for a very hot weekend.

Thought for the day: In an age of distraction, nothing can feel more luxurious than paying attention.  From The Art of Stillness by Pico Iver

No comments:

Post a Comment