Wednesday, April 27, 2016

April 27, 2016 Getting Ready for Our New Girls (Hens)

The beautiful bush I have
been unable to identify.



Monday 4/25. The morning had warmed to 48 by the time I hung the laundry out at 11:00 am.  Our high for the day was 54 and we had blue sky except for the occasional cloud that floated over, but the cool wind was still blowing about.

We measured and planned for the small pen we are going to build for our new girls.  It will be inside the run, using the dog pen to block off a small area for them.  Their shelter will be a dog igloo that the dogs do not use and we will line it with straw to keep them warm.  It will be another couple weeks before we get them, but I want to be sure and be ready.

There is a tall bush with white flowers that dots the landscape of the canyon and mountain in the spring.  I love it, and now there is one blooming in our yard by the bird bath, but I have not been able to identify it in any of our books.  If anyone knows what it is, I would appreciate knowing its name.  (See photo above.)

We fixed the fence rails that had broken from the weight of this winter's snow.  Only a couple of the rails were actually broken, but the screws attaching the others had sheared off.

We had been re-watching the second season of Blacklist and finished it last night.  We both really enjoy that show.  There's just something about James Spader. . .

Tuesday 4/26.  It was 34 and clear this morning.  I was on my way Down There by 9:00 am and home by 2:00 pm.  Lots of errands to run and some groceries to buy.  Of course I had to get food and a feeder for the new girls.  Stopped in to see Larry and Elsie, and pick up a box from Emergency Essentials that arrived today.  They are having a great April sale.

I finally spent the rest of my Christmas money and bought a new pair of summer boots.  They are so comfy!

The pink and white flox and the lupine are now blooming along the road way down in the canyon, all mixed in with the balsam root and sweet peas, and putting on quite a show.  The whole town of Wenatchee is lush with spring blooms.

I soon shed my coat Down There.  The sky was blue until late afternoon when clouds moved in from the west.  Our high was again 54, but no wind today.

We both read newspapers, magazines and mail, after putting the groceries away.  I always save one newspaper to read with breakfast though.

Wednesday 4/27. It is 39 and mostly cloudy this morning.  My brother is at his cabin for a few days and will be up for breakfast on Friday.  Haven't seen him since October.

Thought for the day: You don't inspire other people by being perfect.  You inspire them by how you deal with your imperfections.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like service berry. Jim

    Look it up and compare.

    ReplyDelete