Wednesday, August 16, 2017

August 16, 2017 Slicing & Dicing Logs

Pine buttons (before I
picked them)




Monday 8/14. We sliced the three small fir trees into rounds and moved them all to the splitter, adding another 63 pieces to the pile.  After lunch I began splitting them, but JB has to do maintenance on the tractor before we can move the wood to the shed.

Autumn is definitely in the air now.  There is always that one day in mid August when you can feel it coming, and today was the day.  Our high was 70.

Tuesday 8/15. It was 50 this morning with mostly clear skies and a bit of smoke on the northern horizon.  I was up early to get ready to go Down There and help Larry in their shop for a few hours and then do some grocery shopping.  I left at 8:00 and was back just before 2:00 pm.  

I like going Down There on Monday or Tuesday as the Sunday papers are still available.  JB and I spent a few hours reading them and magazines until dinner time when JB grilled pork chops.  I think that is the very best way to cook pork chops!

Our high for the day was 74 with our lovely breeze.

Wednesday 8/16. It is 56 this morning with clear skies and a strong breeze.  I plan to get out and continue splitting wood today.

Thought for the day: Happiness is not a goal, it is a byproduct.  Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment