Wednesday, August 9, 2017

August 9, 2017 A Trip Down There & Limbing Trees

No pictures today.  Connection is too slow.


Monday 8/7. I was on my way Down There by 8:00 am and managed to make it back home by 12:30.  I saw my first bear for the year on my way down.  He was coming up the road in the aspens and I glimpsed him just as he ducked into the bushes.  It wasn't as bad as thought it might be in town.  I cooled off in the air conditioning of each store and stayed fairly cool on my way to my next stop.  The worst part was coming home.  By the time I got to our mail box, I was wilting.  By the time I got to the gate, I was sweating.

It was very uncomfortable at Rose Camp with only a slight breeze and a high of 88.  After unloading the car and eating lunch, I was ready for a nap.

Tuesday 8/8. It was 72 and still smokey this morning.  We got out early to limb the three trees we had taken down on Sunday.  It took us an hour to do two of them.  We rested and then limbed the third one.  By then, I was so sweaty and dirty that I hopped in the shower.  I am pretty sure I have taken more showers this summer than any other since we moved Up Here.

84 seems to be the temperature break point for me.  Anything over that and I wilt.  Perhaps melt would be the more appropriate word.  Our high today was 89, again with very little breeze.

There were two hummingbirds at the feeders this evening.  Actually at just one of the feeders and fighting over it.  I told them there was another feeder, but they just wouldn't listen.

Wednesday 8/9. It is 74 and still smokey this morning, although I can see two canyons over.  It seems to be lighter in the morning and then moves back in during the afternoon.  There is absolutely no air movement, which does not bode well for the rest of day. . .

Thought for the day: Don't handicap your children by making their lives easy.  Robert Heinlein

No comments:

Post a Comment