Friday, August 18, 2017

August 18, 2017 Cleaning & Splitting

Enjoying the sun the the
horseshoe pit.

Another critter enjoying water
in the bird bath.











Wednesday 8/16. JB left for Down There about 9:00 am pulling the trailer with the snow blower.  He had a doctor's appointment and a list of errands to run, including bringing back three bales of straw for the top of the root cellar.

When I buy newspapers Down There, I always save one to read with my morning coffee, which I did today.

By the time I finished my chores, including hanging up the laundry and going for a morning walk with the dogs, the splitter was in the sun.  So I forced myself to organize the storage part of the loft which was completely out of control.  I dragged myself down about three hours later and there was no way I was going to do any splitting today.

We have had a blue jay hanging around for the past week or so.  The other evening he was quite vocal with his frustration at the grouse for hogging the bird bath.

JB was home by 4:45 pm, just in time for dinner.  He had been able to buy a parks pass at the Forest Service office as an employee who just returned from vacation had stashed a few.  I am going to have to get over there and buy one for $10 and get a rain check like Larry did.  They cost $20 on line.

Our high for the day was 84 with warmer temps in the forecast.

Thursday 8/17. It was 54 this morning with clear skies and a breeze.  After I vacuumed, I got outside and split wood.  After lunch I split more wood.

JB unloaded the bales of straw, sharpened our three chain saw blades and did other chores.

It was a very comfortable day with a high of 76.

Friday 8/18. It is 60 with clear skies and a light breeze this morning. JB is leaving for Down There again at 8:00 for an appointment with the surgeon who will be doing his back surgery.  And, of course, a few errands.

Thought for the day: Carry out a random act of kindness with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.  Princess Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment