Monday, February 26, 2018

February 26, 2018 Snow, A Bad Knee & A Possible Warming Trend

My picture-taking shadow
on my loaded fire-wood
sled.
Looking up our road
towards the hair-pin
corner. . .
. . . at the hair-pin corner. . .















. . . looking up our road from
the hair-pin corner to
our driveway.



Friday 2/23. By 9:00 am, the clouds had moved in, and on our morning walk I watched the last of the blue sky disappearing into the east.  No deer tracks lately, but several sets of rabbit and squirrel tracks on both the north and south ridges.

Getting wood this morning, I used the last of the fifth row (of seven) of large wood and began the last row of kindling.

After lunch I started up my Jeep and Miss Kitty, and let them run for a while.  Then we put air in Miss Kitty's low rear tire.  All this during our high for the day of 25.  

JB baked two loaves of banana bread with our last two bananas.  Yum!

After going to the north and south of us, the snow finally arrived Up here at about 4:00.  A very light snow that just lasted a couple hours.

Saturday 2/24. It was 17 and clear this morning with valley fog trying to move in from the south.  Neither of us had slept well last night with my getting up to stoke the fire and JB's bad knee aching.  So we both went back to sleep after the dogs and girls had been fed.

When we got back up around 10:00 am, the fog had completely disappeared and a breeze was tossing snow from the branches every which way, creating a glitter storm out there.

Too late for a morning walk today, so in the afternoon the dogs and I headed out for a little longer one.  We hiked down the road past the hair-pin corner and to the short-cut to my brother's place.  A glorious day for that, with lots of brilliant sunshine and a high of 37!

Sunday 2/25. It was a balmy 30 this morning, but snowing and blowing.  All the paths had been obliterated, so on our morning walk to clean off the solar panels, it was difficult to see where the middle of the paths were and not post hole.

And, speaking of post-holing, we think JB jammed his knee when he post-holed a few days ago.  He still experiences excruciating pain when he tries to bend it.  I want to get him in to see a doctor, but first I want to drive down the road to be sure we can make it okay.  So I plan to go Down there tomorrow to check the mail and pick up packages at the UPS Store.  Then Tuesday, I will take him down to the clinic, and do some grocery shopping.

The wind had calmed by the time the dogs and I went on our afternoon walk, but by then the paths had been obscured again.  When we got to the panels, I discovered that they needed to be cleaned off again and had to go back to get the brush.  Then, after cleaning them, it was on the the north ridge to take my Sunday photo.

Our high for the day was 33.  So nice to have said "goodbye" to the icy cold.  For good, I hope.

Monday 2/26. It is 20 this morning with clear skies and maybe another inch of snow.

Thought for the day: All truth passes through three stages.  First, it is ridiculed.  Second, it is violently opposed.  Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.  Arthur Schopenhauer


No comments:

Post a Comment