Wednesday, February 7, 2018

February 7, 2018 A Very Busy Day


Two deer watching us from
near the peak.




Tuesday 2/6. The blue sky soon had a very light overcast that the sun managed to shine through.  So it was a bright day with a high of 43.

JB was still nursing his sore ankle and I wanted him to stay off of it as much as possible.  I, on the other hand, was quite busy.  Did laundry and dishes, then the quarterly maintenance on the refrigerator.  After lunch I started and moved the tractor and my Jeep.  I also secured a large tarp over more than half of the deck.  It is really leaking into the shop this winter, despite my being so good about shoveling the snow off of it.  Going to have to to something permanent about that this summer.

On yesterday's afternoon walk, there were two deer near the peak on the south ridge.  The dogs got a wiff of their scent, but couldn't see them because they were not moving.  I was able to get a picture of them though.  Then further on our walk, down by the hen house, Dinga started barking at at least six deer coming up the road.  They all darted up the east slope as the dogs went running after them.  I hope we got some good pictures of them on the game cam.

I plan to go Down There tomorrow.  It will probably be the last chance before a cold, snowy front moves in on Thursday for a few days.

It was quite a leap from Game of Thrones to Longmire, but Longmire is one of our favorites, too.

Wednesday 2/7. It is 40 with clear skies and a breeze this morning.  I hope to be on my way Down There by 9:00 am.

Thought for the day: There are those who will say that the liberation of humanity and the freedom of man and mind is nothing but a dream.  They are right.  It is the American dream.  Archibald MacLeish

No comments:

Post a Comment