Monday, March 5, 2018

March 5, 2018 Down To Pick Up the Mail

No photo today.  Blame Google Blogger.


Friday 3/2. The snow soon stopped falling and we had 1/2" more.  The wind picked up and blew the fog away, revealing an overcast sky, but by 1:00 pm we had big patches of blue and the sun was recharging the batteries.  Our high for the day was 37.

Too busy for a morning walk, so in the afternoon the dogs and I hiked down the road aways.  I wanted to see if I thought I could drive Miss Kitty down with that 5-1/2" of new snow we received and not bellypan.  It was actually more of a slog than a hike.  I should have worn my snowshoes.  I will try driving Miss Kitty down tomorrow and see what happens. . .

Saturday 3/3. It was 23 and clear this morning, but by the time we went for our morning walk, the temperature was already 35.  Our high for the day was 40.

After lunch I drove Miss Kitty down the road, hoping to make it all the way down to pick up the mail.  And I actually did.  Stopped to visit with Mrs. Gridder, which is always so enjoyable.  The trip down and back up took much longer than I thought it would - three hours.  Of course, some of that was the visiting and some was having to dig out a lot at our hair-pin corner coming back up.  The snow was getting soft, but I finally made it home.  Since JB's appointment is at 9:30 Monday morning, we should be okay if we come right home afterwards, before it warms up too much.

Looked outside at 5:45 pm and it was snowing!  None in the forecast, but it only lasted about a 1/2 hour and was just a dusting.

We finished watching the third season of The Flash this evening.  I really enjoy that series.

Sunday 3/4. It was 26 and partly cloudy this morning.  Both clouds and sun during the day, and our high was 37.

I was quite busy all day (all three days actually), but with lots of little things.  Baked some scotchy bars.  Did laundry and dishes, etc., etc.  Took care of JB.  It was another four-egg day for the girls!

We had another short snow flurry around 3:00 pm that didn't even leave a dusting.

We plan to get up early tomorrow morning so we can leave no later than 8:00 am, and hope to be back before noon.

Monday 3/5. Happy Birthday, Mr. Snotty Nose!  It is 37 with mostly cloudy skies this morning.  Hopefully we will be on our way as planned.

Thought for the day: Everyone should believe in something.  I believe I should be on a beach drinking Margaritas!

No comments:

Post a Comment