Friday, February 15, 2019

February 15, 2019 A Day of Sun & Another Day of Snow

The tipi before. . .
. . .and after digging it out.
Path I "plowed" with my legs
to the compost pile.















Wednesday 2/13. The deer came last night and ate the corn, so I put more out for them today.  This was after I "plowed" my way to the compost pile with my legs.  That 15 minute trudge was the equivalent to more than 45 minutes on the StairMaster stepping machine.  I can attest to that because I used to work for StairMaster and spent many hours on their machines.

I could hear the birds rejoicing this morning in the sunshine.  There was valley fog this morning but it had disappeared by mid-day.

After lunch I dug out the tipi, which was way overdue.  It took me about an hour and when I had finished I was convinced it was going to be an ibuprofen evening.

JB re-attached the exhaust pipe that had fallen off the propane generator, then shoveled a bit in front of the outhouse and hen house.

Our high for this gorgeous day - with NO new snow - was 32.  The sun was quite warm and I had to take off my coat halfway into digging around the tipi.

Thursday 2/14. It is 20 this morning, and our promised Valentine's Day gift of snow arrived a little before 8:00 am.  No floating flakes today, but rather a determined march to the ground.  Rufus at WXCafe gives the most accurate weather forecasts of anyone we listen to.

I brought wood in right after feeding the girls and dogs.  Wanted to get it done before the paths got clogged up.  I heard a few birds, but they weren't rejoicing today.  Pretty sure I hear a "WTF" in there somewhere. . .

We finished watching Sherlock on Netflix, and I have added it to my list of all-time favorites.

I have seen our clothes line vibrating a couple of times which I thought a bit odd.  Then JB said he saw a weather news item that showed a light pole in Michigan vibrating in the cold!  Wow!

By 1:30 pm we had received another 1-1/2" of new snow and the temperature was up to 26/30.  The warmer the air, the larger the snowflakes.  I cleared snow off from around the edges of the porch.  Amazing how much had piled up there.  By 3:30 pm, we had another 1".  It was darker today than it has been with a very heavy overcast.

Had a very enjoyable chat with my Aunt Nene this evening.  She still has 10" of snow in her yard and is getting quite disgruntled with the whole situation.

Friday 2/15. It is 22 and overcast this morning.  Not snowing at the moment, but looks like it is moving in.

Thought for the day: To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.  Ashleigh Brilliant

No comments:

Post a Comment