Monday, February 4, 2019

February 4, 2019 Finally It Is Snowing

Saturday valley fog north over Columbia
River at 10:30 am. . .
. . .and again at 3:30 pm.













Friday 2/1. There must be a huge rabbit warren under the snow near the compost.  I can see two holes that go way into the snow with rabbit tracks going in and out.  Just wish I could see the rabbits.

Haven't seen our deer for a couple days now, but they do manage to sneak in and eat the corn.

I used the last of the fire wood in the January row on the 30th, but that is only because I am not using the large branch wood.  There is about a fourth of a row of that left.

The fog rolled in and out all day long and our high was 32, or so we thought.  When JB checked it at 9:00 pm, it was up to 34.

Saturday 2/2. It is 30/32 this morning with clear skies and sunshine sparkling on the snow.  We all went on the morning walk.  JB tends to mosey, while I have to slow down my forced march.

After lunch we burned half of the last box of old papers, then JB used the tractor to clear out some of the snow out front.

The sun was nice and warm today.  On the morning walk the dogs could still walk on top of the snow, but by the time of our afternoon walk, they just sank into it and had to walk on the paths.  I can tell by the tracks, that the deer also like to use our paths instead of wading through the snow.

There was barely any valley fog this morning, but by the time we went on our afternoon walk, the valley and canyons were filled with it.  Our high for the day was a balmy 42.  Must be the cold snap we were warned about.

So, just as I wrote that we haven't seen the deer lately, I saw our two little does around dusk, eating the corn.

Sunday 2/3. It is 23 and mostly clear this morning with high valley fog.  Clouds soon moved in, leaving just little pieces of blue.

We finished burning all our old records today.  Woo Hoo!  Other than that, it was a nice, lazy Sunday.  And again around dusk, I watched our two little does going for the corn.  I hadn't put any out today as I am trying to make it last.  Will put more out tomorrow.  Don't know when we will make Down There again to buy more.  It's a 50# bag and would really weight down Miss Kitty.  The 25# bag of flour I brought up last time was bad enough.

Our high for the day was 33, but I am sure that was only when the sun peaked out a bit this afternoon.  By 4:00 pm the temperature had dropped to 26 and we were fogged in.

Monday 2/4. On this our son's 44th birthday, our cold spell has finally arrived.  It is 10/12 and snowing.  Looks like we have already received a couple inches.

Thought for the day: Some things are better left unsaid.  Which I generally realize right after I have said them.

No comments:

Post a Comment