Wednesday, November 9, 2011

November 9, 2011

One of my favorite
Winter Sun photos
Two back-to-back days Down There and I am more tired than if I had spent 8 hours a day cutting and splitting wood.  However, yesterday I did find a doctor whom I really like, so that made that trip worthwhile.  Met RJ at the stove shop so I could save him 10% off the stove pipes he had to buy.  (Tuesday is Senior Day.)  He still had to spend more on the piping than he did on the stove.  That hardly makes sense.  He spent more than we did for less pipe, but then the price of steel has risen each year.  Actually, when I've been in Costco the last few times, I've noticed that the price of everything has risen lately.  The same dog food we used to buy for our Greyhounds 12 years ago at $17 per 40 lb bag is now $28.  And that price has gone up about $3 in just the past year.

Most of the Autumn color is lying on the road now, except for the tamaracks whose color flames up in the midst of the evergreens.  With all the extra foliage this year, the road is a solid bright yellow in places.  Even the potholes are covered, so memory is essential for a smoother ride.
My camera is back home but I haven't had any time to take pictures.  Will definately start again today.  We plan to get another couple trailer loads of wood hauled up to the cutting pile, but JB will just cut it to fit in the trailer and I can cut it to stove length Up Here as I bought a new electric chain saw yesterday.  They are very inexpensive and very light, which is what I need.  And my little Coleman generator is easier to start than a saw.
The snow is supposed to hold off until this weekend so we should be able to get a lot of wood cut and stacked.  It has warmed up to freezing, so the splitter should be working and JB won't have to split by hand.  (So you don't have to worry, Aunt Nene.)

That's it for today.  I just can't keep my eyes open. . .
Thought for the day:   When Daylight Savings Time was explained to the old Indian, he said:  "Only the government would think that if you cut off the top of a blanket and sew it on to the bottom, you get a longer blanket."

No comments:

Post a Comment