Friday, September 21, 2012

Sept 21, 2012 Smoked In



Smoke, looking east from our porch
Wednesday evening




Cutting down trees on Wednesday














Still smoked in.  The newspaper stated that a week in this smoke is worse than a year in the Los Angeles smog.  Of course when I went Down There yesterday, all the stores were sold out of N95 face masks.  Had to get groceries and help RJ haul up some 4" thick foam for his beds.  Wednesday night the Table Mountain fire to the southwest of us blew up from 5000 acres to 28000 acres, and by yesterday afternoon it had merged with the Peavine fire.  Seems that's a good thing as now there is nothing left to burn between the two of them.

The inversion layer began to lift late Wednesday afternoon and the smoke looked like billowing, grey clouds.  (See photo above.)  Very eerie.  Still no rain predicted in the near future, but possible dry thunder storms.  Well, that's just what we need!

JB cut down six small trees on Wednesday.  I limbed most of them and he cut three of them into 16" pieces yesterday while I was gone.  The air quality was much better Up Here than Down There. 

Wednesday I also completely re-did the storage area in the loft, getting rid of unnecessary things that were in my way when I tried to get to the things we needed in order to leave almost two weeks ago.  Wow, it's been that long?  And yet I can barely remember when the fire wasn't all consuming.  At least it has taken my thoughts away from politics. . .

Thought for the day:  I'm not smart enough to lie.  Ronald Reagan  (And the Obamas have so convoluted the truth that they can't remember what it is.  Wild Rose)

No comments:

Post a Comment