Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Sept 5, 2012 Dogs in Hot Cars


Deer Monday morning

Mother Nature loves to make liars out of us mortals.  Just after I posted on Monday morning, I bundled up and left for Larry and Elsie's.  On my way back, a buck bounded out a few yards in front of me and continued up the road a ways.  He actually bounded.  Wasn't riding a pogo stick like so many others we have seen.  He finally got off the road and up under a tree, then stopped to look at me.  I stopped to look at him, and took a few photos.  Okay, so maybe Larry isn't the only one who sees big game while riding a four-wheeler. . .  So cool!

Larry and Elsie have had a problem with the turkeys not only eating their blue berries, but also getting into their apple tree.  A couple of them will fly into the tree, knocking down the apples for everyone else.  When I arrived Sunday morning, it was obvious that they had been there doing just that.  Pecked apples all over the ground.  However, when I got there Sunday afternoon, all the apples were gone.  I guess a bear(s) had finished reaping their harvest.

I was able to get a doctor's appointment on Tuesday, and, yes, I have shingles but they are almost healed up.  Not to say they still aren't painful, but ibuprofen takes care of that.  The doctor gave me a prescription for a vaccination which I will get on Friday when I take JB to the airport.  She didn't seem too concerned, so I won't be either.  I go in for my yearly checkup in October.

I really do not like going Down There on hot days, and not just because of the heat.  I did some grocery shopping and when I returned to my car on my last stop, the car parked next to me had a black lab in it.  The windows were rolled down so he could stick his head out, but it was at least 80 degrees outside.  I sat there for 15 minutes wanting to be sure he was okay, and was actually calling Animal Control when the owner came back.  I told him it was way too hot to leave his dog in the car and the conversation went downhill from there.  Since he was back and the dog would be okay, I decided to leave before I got arrested for assault and battery.

Thought for the day (someone else's as mine would not be fit to print):  The art of progress is to preserve order amid change, and to preserve change amid order.  Alfred North Whitehead 

No comments:

Post a Comment