Friday, November 2, 2012

Nov 2, 2012 Happy 70th, JB!



Jesse on the path to the
North ridge.


JB turned 70 yesterday!  Of all the cards and gifts, I think the most precious as to be able to receive a card from his Mom.  I sure wish I could. . .  I think in this time of our life, age becomes a badge of honor.  I gave him two items he had asked for, which were tools for his chain saw.  Probably not the average gift for a retiree his age!  He always opens his cards and gifts first thing in the morning, then he made breakfast.  Popovers!  Never had them before and they were so good!  He spent half the day Down There spending his birthday money.  Today he will probably put his gifts to use as we want to get the branch wood cut.  I have loaded the wood cradle and we still have a large pile left. 

The fog cleared out of JB's head early Wednesday morning, but managed to keep the mountain socked in all day, until it finally dissolved at sunset.  Simply disappeared along with the sunlight.  We did the dishes and just had a relaxing day reading.  I tried to get started on Christmas crafts but wasn't too successful.

While JB was Down There yesterday, I cleaned out my very cluttered and neglected crafting area.  (Now maybe I can get started.)  Then did other miscellaneous household chores and read some of my current book, American Assassin by Vince Flynn.  Very hard to put down, like all his others.

When JB returned home, we tried the well pump again but got nothing.  I think the water that got in there was a leak from somewhere (the top again?) because the water coming out of the faucet is pretty murky.  Another of Mother Nature's jokes?!!  Will call our neighbor tomorrow and see if his well is working yet.

Thought for the day (one of my very favorites):  Sometimes no one feels your pain. Sometimes no one sees your tears. Sometimes no one hears your cries. But fart just once. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment