Friday, November 23, 2012

Nov 23, 2012 A Wonderful Thanksgiving




Deer eating rose hips just
across our driveway


Finally read my e-mail when I blogged Wednesday morning.  Elsie had sent me one inviting us to Thanksgiving dinner.  I called her at work and fortunately, it wasn't too late to accept her invitation.  Other than that, it was a lazy day reading books and puttering around.  Did a load of wash.  Worked on Christmas cards.  We had lots of sun in the morning, but by mid-afternoon the edge of the snow storm that was dumping on the mountains had reached us.  The wind was blowing so hard that very little snow hit the ground.

I have discovered that my firewood sled works almost as well on mud and frozen ground as it does on snow.  And thank goodness for that!

Thursday.  Mmmmm, Thanksgiving!  We began the day with German pancakes heaped with peaches and brown sugar.  Then JB made cornbread and sausage dressing to take to dinner with us.  And we actually got to take a real shower before we went!  One of the best parts of having our water back. . .  Anyway, as the dressing smelled so good and I had to hold it on my lap while JB drove down to Larry and Elsie's, I'm surprised it made it there without any bites out of it.  Was the first time in four years that we spent this holiday with anyone but ourselves and we completely enjoyed ourselves.

Thought for the day:  Friends are family we get to choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment