Wednesday, October 22, 2014

October 22, 2014 Elderberry Vodka!

The big tree we cut down, all split and
stacked on the porch.





Monday 10/20. Another successful annual physical.  The few pounds I gained last year, I lost half of this year.  All my blood work is good and my blood pressure was 100/58.  That's what living at Rose Camp does for me. . .

One of my stops was to drop some things off at the Salvation Army store in their new location.  I took a few minutes to check it out and found a set of pretty cotton flannel queen sheets for the living room couch and love seat for only $3!  Very nice, clean store.

Ran the rest of my errands, including picking up some items for RJ.  It was very lightly sprinkling most of the time I was Down There, but the rain really started coming down when I got to our canyon.  It had backed off a bit by the time I got to RJ's, and he explained to me all of his new plans.  Going to be so cool.

Was still raining a bit when I arrived home and I was tired from a full day.

Tuesday 10/21. This morning was 44, mostly clear and very windy, with a big cloud moving in from southwest.  The cloud broke up into little puffs that passed over us most of the day.  Our high for the day was just 51.

I put the "new" covers on the couch and love seat.  I love being able to change the "upholstery" every month or so.  It makes up for not being able to move the furniture around.

Buster came up to visit again this morning.  He usually stays about an hour, and gives Jesse a good work out.  Dinga just stays on the porch or in the house while the boys play.

I split and stacked two wheelbarrow loads and two tractor bucket loads of wood.  3-1/2 of those were from large rounds which are a pain in the patootie. . . and the back. . . and the arthritic hands.  But that finished up the big tree we cut down and almost finished the two rows on the south side of the porch.

According to the Farmer's Almanac that JB reads at dinnertime, today is the day that timber rattler's go to their winter dens.  I hope they are reading it too!

I remembered that the elderberry vodka was supposed to be ready about now and tried some.  Now I know why there are so many flavors of vodka.  It tastes exactly like the fruit or whatever you put into it.  There is no doubt that these are elderberries.

Wednesday 10/22. This morning is 41 and overcast.  We had a light rain most of the night, and, although it isn't raining right now, there is a 100% chance of it for the day according to NOAA.  Going to be a good day for getting a lot done inside.

Thought for the day: Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music.  Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment