Friday, October 3, 2014

October 3, 2014 Eggs & Moose

Wood stacked on our porch






Wednesday 10/1. The girls only laid 29 eggs in September, possibly because of shorter, cooler days.  Looks like we will have to resort to buying eggs during the winter, which will just give us one more reason to look forward to Spring.

Our Westy neighbor a couple miles down the road must be up, as his dog came to visit ours this morning.  At one point, Jesse came up on the porch and Buster was out in the yard whining for him to come back and play.  They are so cute together, and Jesse gets a good workout.

JB put up two small shelves on the west bathroom wall for me.  What a difference they made in getting my linen closet uncluttered.

Finished the second Vince Flynn book and started on The Third Option.  So sad to have lost this incredible author at such a young age.

Thursday 10/2.  It was 41 and clear this morning.  JB left for Down There at about 8:30 am.  I vacuumed and did the dishes in the morning, then spent most of the afternoon bringing up several armloads of branch wood from the west slope, which certainly gave me my cardio workout for the day.  Used Miss Kitty to take them to the cradle area where I cut as much as I could with the clippers and stacked that in the wood shed.  JB was home at 3:30 pm.

The girls gave us one egg today.  I had pulled the tarp back to let the sun in their hen house and it got nice and toasty in there.  Our high for the day was 57.

Friday 10/3.  It is 43 and partly cloudy this morning.  I am going Down There as soon as I post my blog and wash my hair.  Shopko is having their quarterly sale and there are a couple items I have been looking for that are half price, which will make the trip more than worthwhile.

Larry is going moose hunting this weekend in the northeast corner of the state.  Good Luck!

Thought for the day: You should never let adversity get you down - except on your knees.  From God's Little Instruction Book

No comments:

Post a Comment