Wednesday, February 11, 2015

February 11, 2015 Spring in February

(Too slow of an internet connection for a photo today.)


Monday 2/9. Drizzle, drizzle. .  pour, fog, drizzle. . . fog.  And so the day went.  Another good day for working inside, including inventorying the pantry and re-organizing it a bit.

Jane called today and we had another great chat.  She and her husband gave up wheat and processed sugar three weeks ago.  The act itself amazes me, but not the fact that it was Jane who did it.  That's just the way she is.  Her husband has already lost ten pounds!

Nene called yesterday and we confirmed our plans to go back to Bonner's Ferry, ID, this summer.  Our trip will either be in June or September in order to miss the heat.  Am so looking forward to it.  It will be good to see Claudia again, and finally meet Randy face to face.  Nene and Randy have become quite the email buddies.

Still made time to read our books today.  I made cinnamon-orange muffins.  JB started all the vehicles.

We left for Larry and Elsie's about 6:00 pm.  The road was equal parts ice, slush and mud.  Had another great evening playing marbles.  First game went to the ladies (we tromped them), but the guys just squeaked by with one roll of the dice to win the second game.  At that point Larry didn't want it to be just a tie, so we played a third game and the ladies' luck completely ran out.

Tuesday 2/10.  The forecast sun was shining when I left for Down There at 8:30 am.  Such a beautiful morning!  And it turned into a warm, Spring day that I thoroughly enjoyed, even if I did have to do the laundry.  I took my coat off as soon as I got to the laundromat, and just soaked up as much sun as I could.

I went to Costco with the full intent of ignoring all sugary foods.  So much for intent.  There were sample tasting tables set up all over with a Valentine's theme.  However, the chocolate I bought is a dark chocolate covered cranberry/oat crunch.  I really have backed off the sugar, though.  Just have to stick with a little chocolate most days.

Finally was able to convince the vet that Dinga needed more ointment for her eye, even though I can't get her in for a check-up.  So that was my last stop for the day.  Whenever I come back from Down There, I let Larry and Elsie's dogs out while I am transferring everything from the Jeep to Miss Kitty.  They loved getting out in this Spring day.

JB forgot to check for a high temperature today, but it according to NOAA it was 58 at the airport, although I'm sure it reached at least 60 in town.  Our high Up Here was probably pushing 50.  JB and the dogs went on two long walks, one looking for antler sheds along the east slope.  Didn't find any, but they all enjoyed the sun.

Just relaxed with The Walking Dead this evening.

Wednesday 2/11.  We are once again fogged in this morning with a temperature of 38.  At least we are supposed to have dry weather with clear skies for the rest of the week.  Sounds like Boston is getting all our snow.

Thought for the day: A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves. Paul Valery

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete