Monday, April 27, 2015

April 27, 2015 No Hope For Ditzy

See the bear?  Neither do I.
(Larry & Elsie's slope where the bears
supposedly graze.)

Friday's wild weather!
















Friday 4/24. This morning was 32 and clear until the fluffy snow clouds over the mountains began moving our way.  When I went out to feed the girls their oatmeal and bananas for breakfast, tiny snow flakes were being blown in.  Then it looked like someone had spilled a giant bottle of glitter as the sun shown on the frozen flakes.

I called Randy and, while we were chatting, the ground turned white as a hailstorm moved through.  He has just been pushing himself too hard and now is paying for it.  But I remember how impatient and frustrated I would get during our first few years Up Here when we just weren't getting things done as quickly as I thought we should be.  I have since learned to be a bit more patient.

As I went to get dressed for the day, I thought my underwear drawer looked a bit empty.  I knew I had washed a big load yesterday at the laundromat. . . and. . . left it all in the washing machine!  I know you can't fix stupid, but I thought there might be hope for ditzy.  Apparently not.

I called the laundromat and left for Down There - again - a little after 10:00 am.  Put the load in the dryer, then took it with me this time.  Didn't want to waste the trip, so I got gas (at $2.45/gal it is so nice to fill up without having to mortgage the homestead), stopped in to visit Larry and Elsie, took some time looking through the Salvation Army Thrift store (bought five books and three long-sleeve tops for $10).  JB called to say we needed some more long screws for the girls' run, so I went to Lowe's and bought a five pound box - for $30!!  Then it was off to Jack-in-the-Box for a little chicken sandwich, after which I headed home.  Stopped for a quick chat with Gridder, then let Larry and Elsie's dogs out for a romp and a treat.

Took lots of pictures on the drive down and back up, and was home a little after 2:00 pm.  JB had been putting up the top railings on the girls' run, so I helped him with the last two.  It was cool and windy Up Here, with a high for the day of 46.

After dinner we watched The Client with Susan Sarandon and Tommy Lee Jones.  Both of us had read the book years ago, but never seen the movie.  Excellent!

Saturday 4/25. It was 36 and mostly cloudy this morning with the sun occasionally peeking through the cracks.

Was so nice when the phone rang at 8:30 am with JB's Mom calling.  She always calls Saturday morning, but, because she had been in the hospital and rehab, she hadn't been able to for several weeks.  She finally got to go home this last Thursday.  She still has to have an operation on May 5, so JB is driving over on May 4 for the week, dropping off our propane generator in Yakima to be fixed.  He will pick it up on his way back home.

Randy called this morning to say how much he likes the photos of inside our home, and that Jim, the photographer, should "get a life". . .

At 11:30 am, just as we finished washing three days' worth of dishes, snow began to fall and continued off and on for most of the day.  We got out to get some work done anyway, laying all but one of the ground rails.  Just as the battery died in JB's electric screwdriver, we began to get pelted by hail.  We quickly put all the tools in the back of JB's Jeep and ran inside.  Several claps of thunder rumbled through the canyons between 3:00 and 4:00 pm, while it continued to snow and hail until about 5:00 pm.

I know I have ranted about this before, but just who decides what the flowers will be named?!  Western spring beauty - perfect.  Bear grass - NO!  That flower should be named beautimous yellow stalk flower.

This evening we watched Looper for the second time.  Very good movie.

Sunday 4/26. It was 37 with a light overcast this morning which soon broke up and the sun shown most of the day.  Again, warm sun and cool breeze.  Our high for the day was 50.

We got out early in hopes of getting most of the girls' run done today.  We managed to finish all the framing and put up one long side of the chicken wire.  I had to put some rocks under the bottom railing that wasn't into the ground to keep critters from digging in.  We were both achy by the time we quite around 3:00 pm.

Nene called for a nice chat.  She has been getting wild weather on her side of the mountains also.

I do look back fondly on our leisurely days of winter spent reading by the fire in the living room. . .

This evening we watched X-Men: Days of Future Past.  Two time-travel movies in two days, both very good but a little disconcerting.

Monday 4/27. It is 45 and mostly overcast this morning.  Hoping to finish the girls' run today.

Thought for the day: Coffee has given me unrealistic expectations of productivity. Author Unknown

1 comment:

  1. Randy,
    I have a life and it is not blurred. LOL

    ReplyDelete