Friday, April 3, 2015

April 3, 2015 Spring Flowers & Spring Cleaning

My next big project!

Balsam root blooming on the south slope.














Wednesday 4/1. Out early on the porch with my coffee.  We all went on the morning walk, and I stayed outside most of the day.  JB cut the last log into three pieces, then moved them and some large branches to their respective places with the tractor.  He took two tractor bucket loads of small branch wood (kindling) I had broken/clipped into 16" pieces to the wood shed where I stacked them.  Then he pulled the chipper down with Miss Kitty to the first pile of small branches and will begin chipping them tomorrow, weather permitting.

Snow was in the forecast for today, but the clouds dumped all of it on the mountains before they reached us.  The few that passed overhead just scooted on by.  Our high was only 46.

I gave the girls hot oatmeal and bananas for breakfast this morning because it was so cold.  They gave us two eggs today, and a total of 40 for the month of March.

We started watching season one of Revolution this evening.  Looks to be very good, but I miss the zombies. . .  Our son told us that there is a spin-off of Walking Dead coming out that will start this Summer or Fall.  Two Walking Deads.  Woo Hoo!

Thursday 4/2. It was 30 this bright, sunny morning with no clouds in sight.  Sandy called again, which was very cool.  Seems the hummingbirds are already eating her out of house and home!  I can hardly wait until they arrive Up Here.

I went to bed last night with the beginnings of a Spring-cleaning mood, and woke up with a full blown desire to sort and throw.  Started with books that I have read several times, and moved on to the loft.  I finally got the last of my craft display items out to take to the Salvation Army store.  Also have a big bag of fabric that I wall take to Nene in September.  Not sure what I am going to do with all my polymer clay processing items.  I love working with it, but the oven does take a lot of electricity.  I suppose I could create items and then bake them on sunny days, but I just don't seem to have time for that any more.

I spent most of the day inside, while JB got started on the chipping.  Made it through half of one of the larger piles before his back got tired of bending over.

The western Spring beauties are now carpeting the ground in several places, and there are many balsam root plants in full bloom down the south slope from the south ridge.  So pretty!  Spring is definitely my favorite season, and it looks to be a long one this year.

I looked outside about 3:00 pm to see that it was snowing!  Small flakes or light hail that was still falling at 3:30 pm when we left for our afternoon walk.  Didn't last much longer.  Our high for the day was 48 again.

Our neighbors down at the bottom of the canyon on the grid have invited us, Larry and Elsie to a BBQ Sunday afternoon.  Really looking forward to that.

Friday 4/3. It is 32 with clear skies this morning.  At 6:00 am the dogs both jumped up and started barking.  JB got up and discovered that Buster was here to visit!  I rolled over and went back to sleep.

Thought for the day: Man's curiosity, his relentlessness, his inventiveness, his ingenuity have led him deep into trouble. We can only hope that these same traits will enable him to claw his way out. E.B. White

No comments:

Post a Comment