Friday, December 11, 2015

December 11, 2015 More Snow & A Wild Ride

Snow blowing vertically past
the window.



Wednesday 12/9. By the time I went outside to feed the girls at 8:15 am, the wind had sent the clouds on their way and we had blue sky overhead.  An hour later we were in the middle of a blizzard.  And that was pretty much our weather all day, back and forth between blizzard and blue sky.  As if the snow-laden clouds were getting stuck on the mountains and the wind was tearing a few off at a time and blowing the snow sideways past our windows.

During one of the lulls, we put a set of our chains on the rear wheels of Big Red.  Then I drove her down our road to the short-cut turn-off.  Definitely put her through her paces and all I could think of to say when I returned was: Yippee Ki Aye!  Having made it back up our driveway, I decided to go Down There tomorrow.  Our high for the day was 40.

After waiting 50 years for an idea for a novel, my muse has once again demonstrated her wicked sense of humor by giving me my inspiration at the beginning of the holidays. . .

We began watching the fifth season of White Collar this evening.  Entertaining, but just not the quality of Elementary.

Thursday 12/10. We woke up to three more inches of snow and 28 degrees.  I was able to get on my way by 8:45 am and the road was actually better than it had been yesterday, due to the cooler temp and more snow.  Although once I made it down to Larry and Elsie's, I wasn't quite sure I'd be able to make it back up again.  I decided it would help if I had a lot of weight in the back, so I would have to buy a lot of groceries.

The snow had turned to rain yesterday about a quarter mile down the pavement.  Wenatchee was bereft of any snow, but surrounded by white hills.  I mailed all our packages, got all the shopping done, and was on my way back home by 1:30 pm.  I put my winter overalls back on inside Larry and Elsie's nice, warm house.  Picked up another package, let their dogs out, and transferred everything from my Jeep to Big Red.  Wasn't sure if I was actually going to make it up in a couple places, but I was home by 3:00 pm.  And, once again, I let out a loud "Yippee Ki Aye!!  So very glad to be back.

One of the best things about going Down There is being back home and knowing that I won't have to going back down for a while. . .

Friday 12/11. It is 28 and we are encased in fog this morning.  Definitely have to get those tracks on MAX.  Looks like it is going to be a MAX winter.

Thought for the day: I think Christmas is about celebration and, come on, on the inside everyone wants to dance.  Tobymac

No comments:

Post a Comment