Wednesday, December 30, 2015

December 30, 2015 Groot, MAX & Mail


Jesse napping in our cold bedroom.  Never let
it be said that our dogs are not spoiled.



Monday 12/28. While JB was getting organized to leave, I slogged (and I do mean slogged) up to the solar panels to clear the snow off of them.  Also measured, and we had received another inch in the past 24 hours.

JB was on his way by 9:00 am, and somehow always manages to go Down There on days that the dishes need to be washed.  So I did that and laundry.  Puttered around, sorted photographs, and read my new book.

Clear skies were in the forecast for this afternoon, but it just didn't happen.  This morning's patches of blue disappeared by noon and the sky was overcast for the rest of the day.  But there was no valley fog like there has been for the past several days.  Our high for the day was 22.

With these below-freezing temps, we have to be sure that the girls' water isn't iced over all the time.  So in the morning when I give them their oatmeal, I also pour hot water into their dish to melt the ice.  Then later in the day one of us will flip the ice out or pour more hot water in.  Belinda likes to eat the little chunks of ice and peck at the bigger ones.

JB returned home at 3:30 pm with all his errands and shopping done, but he had forgotten to take the mailbox key so we will go down for the mail tomorrow.  He gave me the rest of my Christmas presents - two more books and a dancing little Groot!  It is so cute!  Puts a big smile on my face!

Tuesday 12/29. It was 20 this morning with a few tiny snowflakes floating down.  We left to get the mail at 10:00 am with me driving MAX.  A very frustrated me driving MAX.  Did I mention that MAX drives like a tank - literally!  He does not have a steering wheel, just two sticks for steering with a hand throttle attached to one.  Now I am pretty efficient at multi-tasking, but this is ridiculous.  Of course it doesn't help that I have a 180-lb weight sitting on the right side (JB). . .  But we made it down to Miss Kitty and I drove us down to the mail box and back up to MAX.  Then back home in MAX, grumbling all the way.  We were only gone an hour and a half, but it seemed much longer.

The girls cheered me up though by giving us an egg.  I am pretty sure it is Belinda and she is using the large nesting box.

Snow continued to fall all day and by 3:30 pm we had another 1-1/2".  Our high for the day was 24.  

We are watching the third season of Longmire in the evenings, which is one of the DVD's that our son gave us for Christmas.  Very entertaining and well done.

Wednesday 12/30. It is 18 this morning and the overcast sky has sliced the top off of the mountains.  We will be celebrating New Year's Eve with Larry, Elsie and the Gridders at Larry and Elsie's home.

Thought for the day: Do not move into 2016 without letting go of something significant from 2015, an old idea, label, habit, fear, concern of ego.  Let go to free up the whitespace for something new to enter.

No comments:

Post a Comment