Wednesday, September 13, 2017

September 13, 2017 A Visit, Miss Kitty, Splitting & Stacking

Sun through the clouds
and smoke.

Quartered rounds by the splitter in
the down position, so I can stand
while splitting.













Monday 9/11. My brother and nephew came up for breakfast.  My nephew stayed to visit and help me move some rounds til after lunch when I drove him back down to their cabin in Miss Kitty.  I stayed to visit some more, then headed home.  Can't believe he will be off to college in less than two weeks.  Just at the beginning of our driveway, Miss Kitty broke a leg and I was very tempted to put her down with a bullet!  The front left wheel is sitting at an angle.  Didn't know what is wrong and didn't care.  She is rapidly becoming a money pit.

Tuesday 9/12. It was 62 and partly cloudy this morning, with a strong smell of smoke, and haze around the horizons, but blue sky above.

I was out early (8:45) to split the small rounds my nephew helped me move down to the splitter yesterday.  JB moved them to the wood shed in three loads and I stacked them.

After a late breakfast (which is my habit), I tipped the splitter up and split some of the larger rounds we had moved down into quarters.  Then I tipped the splitter back down so I could stand up and split the smaller pieces which are easy to lift onto it.  JB moved them to the shed in four loads where I stacked them, and now have more than 1/3 of the fifth row done.  

JB was working on our weather station that was on a very tall pole and not at all easy to access.  Now it is a bit shorter and has new batteries in it.

The wind picked up and blew more smoke in during the late afternoon.  Our high for the day was 84, but cooler weather is promised beginning tomorrow and maybe even some rain over the weekend.

Wednesday 9/13. It is 52 and mostly cloudy this morning, and I can actually see the mountains.  I am going Down There this morning for a big grocery shopping, then tomorrow we are driving to the other side of the mountains to scatter JB's Mother's ashes with his brothers.  Will be taking the dogs and just be gone for the day.

Thought for the day: I need more time, and probably always will.  Ashleigh Brilliant

No comments:

Post a Comment