Friday, September 22, 2017

September 22, 2017 Root Cellar, Wood & Winter Shopping


More problems with uploading photos. . .


Wednesday 9/20. So nice to have clean, fresh air with no sight or smell of smoke other than what is coming out our chimney.  After morning chores, we all went on a morning walk.  Discovered it was raining or snowing on Mission Ridge, and it looks like there is more snow on the mountains.

I thought it would be safe to hang the laundry outside, but I brought it back in when it began to sprinkle around noon.  We worked on finishing our root cellar anyway.  We think it is done, except for needing two more bales of straw.  Will have to see how it weathers the winter.  We were also going to take down the tipi today, but it has to be completely dry, so we will wait until it is.

I attached the tarp to the south end of the porch to cover the stack of wood, then finished splitting the quartered rounds.  JB went in for a nap.  I carried one large armload of wood to the shed, one to the porch and one load of too-long wood to the shop.  The seventh (and last) row of wood in the shed is finished!  I also trimmed some more branches and took a couple loads of kindling to the shed and three large branches to the wood cradle.

Our resident frogs under the house have been quite vocal in the last few weeks.  I have only seen two outside all summer.

Huge, dark clouds drifted across the sky all day and our high was 52.

Thursday 9/21. It was 40 this morning and overcast.  We received more rain overnight.

I left for Down There a bit later than usual.  I was on my way by 9:45 am and home just before 3:00.  Bought a lot of large items for winter - dog food, chicken feed, flour, and other big boxed groceries.  Also stopped in to chat with Larry and Elsie.  I thought I would be giving my arms a rest by not splitting wood, but wrestling those big, heavy items was no rest at all.  We put the girls' and dogs' food in the root cellar.

On their afternoon visit, one of the grouse was on the porch and then the wood.  They are getting awfully comfortable around us, which is fine as long as they don't poop on the porch.

The sky remained mostly cloudy during the day and I could see showers to the west and north.  Our high was 53.

Friday 9/22. We are welcoming Autumn with a temperature of 42 and mostly cloudy sky, with the clouds drifting in from the north.  I plan to work on those last four rounds today.

Thought for the day: Don't let school interfere with education.



2 comments:

  1. This blog is really helpful for my database. It enhanced the area of my thoughts and pushed me beyond the boundaries. Work ethic of every point is different and represent a new way to improve myself.เดอะทรัสต์พระราม3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Blog!! That was amazing. Your thought processing is wonderful. The way you tell the thing is awesome.

    Ladies woolen kurtis manufacturers in jaipur

    ReplyDelete