Friday, July 13, 2018

July 13, 2018 Splitting Wood & A Trip Down There

Getting ready to split one
of the rounds from
last year.
One tractor bucket load of
fire wood.
















Wednesday 7/11. Lots of dishes to wash after yesterdays projects!  Also hung out a load of laundry.  Lots more laundry to wash in the summer.

After lunch we moved the four large rounds left from last yeast to the splitter with the tractor.  They are not nearly as heavy now that they are dry, but heavy and large enough to be very unwieldy.  I wrestled one around and finally got it split with JB's help.  Then we moved it to the wood shed in 1-3/4 tractor bucket loads.  I didn't stack all of it, as I want to mix it in with new wood.

Larry and Elsie left for a mini vacation this morning at their favorite lake with their boat, so I will be feeding the chickens and cat and watering her flowers twice a day through Friday morning.  Drove Miss Kitty down late this afternoon to do that.

It was a warm day with a high of 78.

Thursday 7/12. It was 62 with clear skies this morning.  JB was on his way down in Miss Kitty at 8:15 to meet someone from the company who cut down some trees for us a couple years ago.  We want a quote on taking down five more trees near the house.  I left at 8:30, so I wouldn't eat his dust, on my way Down There for grocery shopping and errands.  Stopped to water and feed on my way down.

When I got to town there was a message on my phone advising that the men would be late for the appointment, unfortunately there is no cell service down in the canyon, so I couldn't let JB know.  At 9:45 he finally drove up to where he had service and cancelled the appointment.  We will reschedule for a day when we can be their first appointment of the day.

The temperature was really rising in town, so I hurried and was able to get back home by 1:00 pm.  It was hot Up Here, too, with a high of 83.

I baked a cherry coffee cake before dinner and drove down after dinner to water and feed.

Friday 7/13. It is 66 and clear this morning.  Will be on my way to water and feed right after I post, taking half the coffee cake down for Larry and Elsie.  Tomorrow Mrs Gridder and I plan on going garage saling, if we can stand the heat.  It is supposed to be 91 Down There.

Thought for the day: The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment