Monday, July 16, 2018

July 16, 2018 Cold Brew Coffee, The ER & Garage Saling

My "new" $20 cupboard!
Scorched hills to the north from
Saturday's fire.















Friday 7/13. I drove down first thing this morning to water and feed at Larry and Elsie's.  A lovely morning drive.

I have had an irregular heartbeat for almost 20 years now, but I only get it maybe once or twice a month for a minute or two.  It started up on Tuesday morning and was still going on today, so I decided it was time to get it checked out.  After morning chores and hanging out the laundry, I told JB about it and asked him to take me town.  Anything to do with the heart has to be done at the emergency room, so that's where we went.  They had me in a room, about one second after I signed the paperwork, and that's where we spent the next three hours getting all sorts of tests done.  I knew it wasn't life threatening, and indeed that was their consensus.  The short term for it is PVC, pre ventricular something-or-other.  Just when the ventricular part of the heart decides to add a beat.  Since I had discovered and been drinking cold brew coffee for the past few weeks, the doctor thought that might be the culprit since it has about three times the amount of caffeine as regular coffee!  And since all my tests came back normal, it was decided that the coffee may be the culprit.  So I am off caffeine of any kind for a few days to see if it gets better.

If it doesn't stop, I can take a beta blocker, for which the doctor gave me a prescription.  But it really don't have to take it as these symptoms are not a health issue and many people just put up with them, which I might do if they don't stop.  But at least we got to spend the afternoon in an air conditioned room while the temperature outside climbed to 100.  Needless to say, the ride back home was not too pleasant.  Our high Up Here was 89.

Saturday 7/14. It was 60 and clear this morning.  I was up early and on my way down to Mrs. Gridder's by 7:30 am for some serious garage saling.  We really scored big, and by 10:30 we thought we may have to rent a van!  Especially since she found four rugs (one 8'X12') and I snapped up a cute cupboard.  So we were back to her house by 11:30 and I was home about an hour later.   I am definitely going to have to stick to books, DVD's and clothes from now on, as I just don't have room for anything else.

There was a fire just to the north of town and by mid afternoon the sky was full of smoke.  The smoke didn't reach us though as we had a nice breeze.

It didn't seem nearly as hot in town as it had been yesterday, and our high for the day Up Here was 86.

Sunday 7/15. It was 70 and clear this morning, which did not bode well for staying cool, so I worked mainly inside.  Did the quarterly maintenance on the refrigerator, which includes a complete defrost; made humming bird syrup, did dishes and laundry; and several other indoor chores that needed doing.

JB worked on getting the sno-blower tracks back on.  He discovered the trick to doing it and got one side on.  By then it was just too hot and he decided to do the other side on Monday.

Our high for the day was 86 but with a lovely breeze.  Unfortunately the breeze died out in the evening leaving us with an uncomfortably warm night.

Monday 7/16. It is 70 with clear skies again this morning with more hot weather promised for the week.

Thought for the day: I once asked God what I could give him.  "Your problems", He said.  "I've got everything else."  Rabbi Lionel Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment