Friday, March 15, 2019

March 15, 2019 More Photos Fewer Words

Tried to get more snow off the
chicken-run roof.
Rabbit tracks on the
north ridge.














Wednesday 3/13. I am seriously thinking of posting more photos and fewer words, as with all this snow about, I seem to be writing the same thing every day.  If it is boring for me to write it, it is definitely boring to read it.  

At my age I have found that regardless of what I do or don't do, I wake up aching in the morning.  So, if I am going to ache anyway, I might as well do it because I did some physical work.  So I dug out Miss Kitty most of the way today and then washed some windows.  JB started on the propane tank.  Had no idea it was so far down below the top of the snow!

A beautiful, sunny day with a high of 38.  The nights are staying in the mid to high 20's, which means we only have to get up once to stoke the fire.  So right now, JB is getting up at 2:00 am for the fire and I am getting up at 6:00 am to let the dogs out.  

Thursday 3/14. It is 28 this morning with a light overcast.  Even though the sun was able to break through the cloud cover mid afternoon, the sky remained overcast all day.  But our high for the day was a lovely 40.

I shoveled off as much as I could of the west and south sides of the chicken run roof, than almost finished digging out Miss Kitty.  JB worked a little more on digging out the propane tank, then baked a loaf of bread, and has begun going for a short walk after dinner, since it is still so light out.

Am in another Spring cleaning mood and have been working on plans to finish the east wall in the bath/laundry room.  Also sorting and tossing.

On the radio this evening, Larry told us they have quite a stream of water flowing down the road from the snow melt.  They will be working on the drainage "bumps" today.

Friday 3/15. It is 30 and mostly cloudy this morning.  As far as posting more photos and fewer words, unfortunately Google is not cooperating today.

Thought for the day: The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but one of respect and joy in each other's life.  Rarely do members of one family group grow up under the same roof.  Richard Bach, Illusions


No comments:

Post a Comment