Friday, March 22, 2019

March 22, 2019 Open the Windows - It's Spring!

March 10 snow to the NW.
March 13, going. . .












. . .  March 16, going. . .
. . . March 20, pretty much gone.












Wednesday 3/20. More breaking up the ice in front of the porch and shoveling it away.  Also had to re-rake the wood-shed roof as all the snow and ice I couldn't reach, slid down to the bottom.  It couldn't slide off because the wall of snow was right up to the edge.  Then I worked on trying to shovel out some of the snow and ice on the roof of the chicken run that collapsed.  I cut three branches off the nearby tree and actually was able to get maybe 1/4 of the ice out.

Along with all the other singing birds, we have a wren Up Here now.  Standing in the sun, listening to them all sing with my eyes closed, I can almost imagine all the snow gone.  If this warm weather keeps up, along with the rain we are supposed to get this weekend, we are going to have one nasty mud season.

I have a craving for potato chips.  Not just any potato chips, but the Himalayan salt ones from Costco.  I guess you always want what you can't have. . .

Our high for the day was 59, and I am sure it was 65 in the sun!  Wow!  Winter just walked out and slammed the door.  Overnight it was Spring!

A cloudless sky tonight and a full worm moon.  After living Up Here almost eleven years, I am still awed by the amazing beauty of our place.  When we first moved Up Here, I was concerned that maybe someday I would take it for granted, but now I am sure that I never will.

Thursday 3/21. It is 42 and clear this morning, with a few wispy clouds to the south.  After feeding the girls and dogs, and doing a little sudoku with my coffee, I went back to bed for another hour and a half.  Nice!

I uncovered our porch chairs today and sat in the sun.  This was after I had my coffee, but maybe tomorrow morning I will sit out there.

Again we chipped and shoveled ice from in front of the porch, although the sun was really too hot to work in for more than a few minutes at a time.  This afternoon I noticed that our little drain channel running from the south side of the house has a little stream flowing down it.  It is going right under the snow and I can't see that it is coming out anywhere.

We finally put up the game cam that our son brought us last October when he visited.  It sells for about $700, but he got it at an estate sale for $50.  It has wi-fi that will send any photos it takes to your phone, but we aren't using that part of it.

Our high today was 64, but I am pretty sure it was pushing 70 in the sun.  Never did put on a coat today.  Have to wear boots, and they are really to warm!

Friday 3/22. It is 40 this morning with mostly cloudy skies.  The rain in the forecast could possibly be snow, which I think I would actually prefer.

Thought for the day: The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.  Albert Einstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment