Friday, March 29, 2019

March 29, 2019 Rabbit Toes & A Little Egg

Wednesday's egg.












Wednesday 3/27. The sky was covered by a heavy overcast by noon, which seemed to weight down the whole day and make it very slow.  Our high for the day was only 43.

JB did a few outdoor chores including putting rat poison in the battery room for the critter that chewed up his roll of paper towels.  Then he came in and baked two small loaves of lemon-poppyseed bread.  I went on both walks and covered  Miss Kitty with the tarp as we have possible rain or snow in the forecast.

Boy, would I like some ice cream!  I think that on my first trip Down There, I am going to get a latte (of course), a hamburger and an ice cream sundae.  Just the thought of that makes my taste buds tingle.

Thursday 3/28. It is 36 and mostly cloudy this morning.  Despite all the clouds, the sun was able to shine most of the day.  

I saw the first wild flower sprout on the south ridge Monday, and since then, there have been more and more each day, as if they just can't wait to get out in the sun after being buried under all that snow for so long.

There are some large rabbit tracks on the north ridge.  They are so cool because you can see the little toe indentations.  Never noticed that before.

Bossy gave us a very little egg today (see photo above).  Well, at least she tried.  We have been getting one egg and sometimes two most days now.

Dinga is quite sure that the winter snowscape is her private snow cone.  Now that it is starting to disappear, I think she is trying to eat it all before it is all gone.

JB and I chipped and shoveled more ice from the north end of the porch today.  Then I picked up another bucketful of dog poop.  Yes, Nene, I should train them to do it themselves.

Friday 3/29. It is 37 with a heavy overcast this morning and possible rain today.

Thought for the day: Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.


No comments:

Post a Comment