Monday, April 1, 2019

April 1, 2019 Out Like A Lamb

(No photos today - Google is not cooperating.)



Friday 3/29. The overcast gradually broke up during the day and by late afternoon we had mostly blue sky and sunshine with a high of 52.

The girls gave us two eggs today - one large and one very small one.

I opened a can of freeze-dried shredded mozzarella cheese to use on a pizza.  With fingers crossed, we put together one with ham and pineapple.  It turned out great!  That was our last of any kind of meat for pizza so next week we will just have a cheese and onion one.

Saturday 3/30. It is 36 with clear skies this morning, which means the dogs can walk on top of the snow and the paths will be solid enough that we won’t post-hole, at least on our morning walk.  JB and I have been enjoying sitting on the bench on the south ridge during our walk.

It is such a glorious day that we are spending most of it outside.  JB did some more chopping and shoveling of ice.  I went on poop patrol again (JB’s term).  I also started moving wood from the east side of the porch to the wood shed, just carrying armloads of it.  I really want to get my porch back as soon as possible.

I have been immersing myself in my angel books this past week.  I have quite a library of them and want to weed some out, if possible.  I have been fascinated with them since I saw my own guardian angel in 1975.

Huge, dark clouds began floating over in the late afternoon, but went mainly to the south and north as usual.  Our high for the day was 56, but I am sure it was at least 60 in the sun.

Sunday 3/31.  March certainly is going out like a lamb this year.  It is 36 again this morning with a mostly clear sky.  This month has really zipped by, unlike February.

Moved some more wood to the wood shed until the path just got too slippery in today’s warm sun.  We enjoyed the bench on the south ridge in the morning, and during the afternoon, I went to sit on the north ride bench for a while.  Again, huge, dark clouds floated in during mid-afternoon, and again they went mostly to the north and south.  Looked like Mission Ridge may have received some more snow.  Our high for the day was 60 which is, as far as I am concerned, a perfect temperature.

Monday 4/1. This first day of April is starting out with 38 and mostly clear skies.

Thought for the day: Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.  Maslow

No comments:

Post a Comment