Friday, April 12, 2019

April 12, 2019 Finally Getting Down There

These little shoots that are all over
the south ridge should soon be
blooming with yellow bells.




Wednesday 4/10. I walked up to the peak again on our morning walk.  It feels so good to be able to walk so far on the ground.  There are a few buttercups blooming on the south ridge now that have been doing so for a few weeks.  Looks like we should be seeing yellow bells soon, too.

JB used the tractor to move the big plow away from the vehicles, and did a few other outside chores.  I dug out most of the drainage channel that runs from the south side of the house, through the yard and across the drive.  Still some snow and ice covering it, but the water runs just fine underneath.  Also continued picking up small branches that broke off during the winter.  Both of these are major Spring projects.

The wind blew all day again, increasing to 17 mph by 3:00 pm.  No afternoon walk in that!  Our high for the day was 50, without the wind chill.

In talking to Larry on the radio this evening, he said that we should be able to drive our Jeep up from their place to our road.  He offered to come meet me at the end of our road and drive me down to it.  So Friday morning I am going to walk down to meet him at the junction of the two roads at 9:00 am.  I will send all our mail that has piled up, run some errands, and buy a few light-weight groceries.  Will finally be able to mail the gift to my cousin whose birthday was March 1, a late Christmas stocking gift to my Aunt Nene, and a box of DVD's to Randy.  They will be more like Easter gifts!

Thursday 4/11. It is 34 and mostly cloudy this morning, but there is no wind.  Walking up to the peak on our morning walk has become the norm for me now.  Every day there is more green and less white.  The hills below are greening up very quickly.

I prepped for tomorrow’s hikes.  JB helped me get the sled ready with a plastic container on it.  The loads down and back up will be light.

I moved several more armloads of large branch wood from the porch to the wood shed.  Then took a shower this afternoon instead of in the morning.  I plan to get up at 6:30 am and leave at 7:30.  Way too early for a shower and I am not getting up any earlier.  Am sure I will return home tomorrow on sensory overload, but I am so looking forward to a latte, hamburger and maybe a milkshake.

The sky was overcast most of the day and our high was 48.  Rain began falling around 9:00 pm.

Friday 4/12. It is 34 and overcast this morning.  It's going to be a muddy trek.

Thought for the day: In general, I find that things that have happened to me out of doors have made a deeper impression than things that have happened indoors.  Bertrand Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment