Wednesday, April 24, 2019

April 24, 2019 Getting Down There

The deer lounging our southeast
slope Monday morning.
Jesse enjoying the warm earth
in the large raised bed.













Monday 4/22. Our little herd of deer came by early this morning while I was posting my blog.  They were grazing and then four of them lay down in the grass on the southeast slope.  We have never seen them do that!  Since they weren’t moving, the dogs didn’t see them when they came out with me to feed the girls.  They were there for quite a while, leaving just before I did at 8:30 am.

More snow has melted on the road since we drove down, shoveling on Saturday.  I think we can probably drive the Jeep up by the end of the week.  It is so nice to have the freedom of going Down There whenever we need or want to.  I had nine stops to make and didn’t really doddle at any of the stores as I knew I wouldn’t have any room for anything that wasn’t on my list.  I will take more time when I go Down There on Wednesday.

The day was quite warm in town and I had to take my coat off after the first stop.  Since I was down there last, all the balsam root plant have bloomed in the canyons, at least from Larry and Elsie’s place on down.  The hillside across the road from them is almost solid yellow!

This is the first time I have been to town the day after Easter in years.  OMG!  Caramel-filled chocolate Easter bunnies!  Now, that is an idea from Heaven itself!  And half price!  On top of that discovery, I had a latte for breakfast and a hamburger for lunch.  All that, and I was home by 2:00 pm.

I had to take everything out of the Jeep and pack it into Miss Kitty, which was fun.  Just made it.  Back home we unloaded everything and got it all put away.  So nice to have fresh meat, vegetables and fruit.  I love my apples.

Our high for the day was 64, but that must have been before I got back home.

Tuesday 4/23. It is 47, mostly clear, and windy this morning.  Am sure we have had more wind than rain so far this Spring.

So nice to have a newspaper to read with my coffee.  On his morning walk with the dogs, JB noticed that three of the balsam root plants had bloomed.  The yellow bells and alpine spring beauties are now covering the ground in many places.  Oh, how I love Spring!

JB trimmed another tree near the chicken run and we hauled all the branches from that and the other trees over to the pile of branches from the trees that were cut down last year.  Then we attached six poles to two sides of the smaller raised garden bed.  We will put the fencing around them on Thursday.

I got organized for my trip Down There tomorrow, and will take my time shopping.  Also emailed Mrs. Gridder to see if she would like to go garage saling on Saturday, weather permitting.

The wind continued to blow all day and our high was 61.

Wednesday 4/24. It is 36 with clear skies this morning and just a little breeze.  Looking forward to a bit more leisurely day Down There.

Thought for the day: Then you are trapped in your lovely nest, and the things you used to own, now they own you.  Chuck Palahniuk

No comments:

Post a Comment