Friday, September 23, 2011

September 23, 2011

Wednesday proved that I was still not feeling all that well.  Definitely something pulled in my back, so I just did the wash and puttered around the house.  After lunch we all piled in the Jeep and pulled the trailer down to our storage unit.  JB loaded up about half of what was in there and brought it back to Rose Camp.  Now the fun part comes in trying to find a place for it.

The lady at the storage facility and I usually have a good chat when I am there, but this time she just wasn't doing too well.  Has had several months of one difficult thing after another.  She made the comment that she had no control over any of the things that happened.  It occurred to me that the only thing we really have control over is how we act.  What we say.  What we do.  The choices we make.  There are always outside influences, but when it comes right down to it, the choice is always ours.  And that makes us who we are.

And who I was Thursday morning was a very sore old lady.  At this point my choice was to go see the doctor.  It didn't seem like just a back ache, but possibly a re-occurrence of another problem that could be serious.  Luckily I got a late morning appointment so I had time to shower.  The doctor would not have been happy if I hadn't done that.  Anyway, after much poking, probing and testing, several hours later it was determined that they could find absolutely nothing at all wrong.  With the large deductible I have on my health insurance, that was probably the worst best news I ever had.  Doctor said it was possible that I had pulled a muscle and that hot and cold packs may help.  OK, fine.  JB will go to Seattle on Friday by himself to pick up more wood and represent us both at the memorial service.  I will stay home with the dogs and try not to hurt.  Maybe I just need to do nothing for a few days.

So that's where we are.  And not even a picture for today.  I could take one of me screaming in frustration, but that would probably just scare you all away.

No comments:

Post a Comment