Sunday, September 4, 2011

September 4, 2011


No words needed.

Fall colors














I will let the picture speak for itself, although one thing it cannot convey is my elation over having actually done that portion of the deck project! I was practically giddy when I finished, and it wasn't because of the fumes. Today I am doing touch-ups and sealing underneath the overhang. It really hurt to paint over the wood, but the sealant we chose was colored, not clear. It has been my experience with decks that the clear sealants are not the best. JB really researched this and ended up deciding that GaacoShield would be the best choice, especially considering our weather extremes.


I really do not like painting because it rarely turns out the way I want it to. However, this time was better than ususal because the caulking disaster seemed to disappear.

JB spent most of his time working on the trailer. He has been looking forward to having a shop ever since we moved Up Here, so now he is making the most of it.

Yesterday I mentioned my procrastination abilities. Well, I was so thrilled to be done with sealing the deck that I immediately baked the zucchini bread I had been putting off ever since Elsie brought up fresh zucchini from her garden. Also had to make more chicken broth for the dogs. But my procrastination has been reduced to the little things. Like cleaning off my desk. Or doing the filing. Or baking zucchini bread.

And speaking of the dogs, Jesse is training us very well. Instead of just waiting outside the door to come in, he now taps on it to be let in. And in just the past week, he has begun tapping on the door to go out also. Something else he has learned in the past month is to climb the stairs to the loft. We have had the stairs for about a year now, but neither dog would climb them. We were both sitting in the loft several weeks ago when we heard an odd noise. It was the clicking of Jesse's feet as he climbed the stairs. He was obviously very proud of himself and now often comes up to keep me company.

The zucchini bread was sooo good. Still warm from the oven, I put lots of butter on it. Won't be procrastinating on baking that again. I may just make another loaf on Monday, because this one isn't going to last very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment